Forum Stats

• 3,702,012 Users
  • 2,239,547 Discussions
  • 7,835,709 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How to find right space for my questions?

Chitrasai1-OracleChitrasai1-Oracle Posts: 1,534
edited September 18 in Social Groups

Hi all,

We have noticed  few newbies are posting questions in wrong product spaces which may remain there unanswered.

Example- Java product question will be posted in Database forums viceversa.

Few product questions  are even posted in

If you are not able to find the right space let us know your product and version by replying to this thread  .

We will try to help you to find the right space.

Answers

• POS-XST-OraclePOS-XST-Oracle Posts: 22
    edited March 2017

Hi, by mistake I place a question and I really didn't mean to..It cause impact in the community. Is any way to delete the post? Thanks

• Chitrasai1-OracleChitrasai1-Oracle Posts: 1,534
    edited March 2017

Hi POS-XST-Oracle

In which space you placed the question.Please provide the link .I will look into it and let you know .

edited March 2017

I read the thread completely.It seems okay for me .I understand as you are new you have tried to find out how community works ?YWhy do you want to delete it?

• POS-XST-OraclePOS-XST-Oracle Posts: 22
    edited March 2017

Because the judgement

• BluShadowBluShadow Moderator Posts: 40,794 Red Diamond
    edited March 2017

Hi Rachel,

As I said over on that thread, take a step back and don't consider people's responses in a bad way, but try and understand and learn from what happened.

People are judgemental, that's in everyone's nature, but it's not necessarily that people were being nasty, and they won't hold it against you in future if you make posts that are in line with what people expect, and they don't feel their time is being wasted.

Best not to remove the thread, as people can take offence at that, especially if they've gone to the trouble to respond.  However to stop any further responses on there (and hence let the thread disappear into history) I've now locked it.

• 32895243289524 Posts: 1
    edited March 2017

Hello,

I just joined.  I would like to pose a question regarding World A9.4.  We are going live in several weeks and we are going from World A9.1 to World A9.4.  What do I need to do?  Is there anything else I need to do as a newbie.  Thanks so much for your help!

Regards,

Joanne Palumbo

edited March 2017

Well I had to look that one up.  You're referring to JD Edwards World product.

I'm not sure if there is a JD Edwards space on the OTN community, though I believe there is on the MOSC community.  Do you have access to MOSC? (You will have if you/your company has paid support with Oracle)

• KayKKayK Posts: 1,605 Bronze Crown
    edited March 2017

JD Edwards in MOSC ? Here it is

• Gaurav S.Gaurav S. Posts: 27
    edited March 2017

Are there separate communities for Oracle Sales Cloud for MOSC vs OTN?

Which is the right one? I am currently using MOSC > Oracle Sales Cloud (OSC) MOSC

If I leave a company do I lose access to all my content if I am using MOSC? Should I post everything on OTN (if community exists)?

Thanks

Gaurav

edited March 2017

There are a couple of Cloud spaces on OTN e.g. Oracle Cloud Applications for Finance  though I'm not sure if that's appropriate for what you want.  (Try using the Search icon - top right - and search for "Cloud" and look at what Places appear in the results).

Access to MOS content relies on your account being linked to a valid Customer Support ID (CSID) which are typically owned by the company that is paying for the support.  If you leave the company, they should (though sometimes forget - if they do forget you can ask them to) remove your account from their CSID, so your account will no longer have access to MOS/MOSC until you re-associate it with another CSID at your new company, assuming your email address is your own on that account.  You can change email addresses on your account, but doing so in your current company will prevent you having access to MOS/MOSC unless the company is willing to re-associate your account and email address to their CSID (many companies do not like to associate personal email addresses to their CSID - they prefer to only have company email addresses associated)

Essentially what it comes down to is, to access MOS/MOSC you need to have your account associated with a valid CSID, and that is down to the company you work for.

• Thao.ttThao.tt Posts: 4
    edited July 2018

Hi,

I just joined. Can you tell me where to ask question for Oracle BI?

I just joined a bank that use OBI. I wish to ask these questions.

1. The bank stored the raw data in BI, with each customer assigned a unique customer code and segment, eg Individual, Corporate (with big and small ones). However, the Customer division frequent review and change the customer segment and tracked manually in Excel, they said cannot changed in the original data source, they keep a table of about 1 million rows of customers code and segment. The date exported from BI stil reflect original customer segment. Currently the people here are exporting the full 1 million row data from BI, and do a vlookup with the new customer segment to get the correct segment, abd the do a pivot table to summarise data by new customer segment, and it take like 30 minutes for each time doing a vlookup like that. Is there a way that I can upload the new customer segment table into BI, and export the data with the correct segment from the beginning?

2. Similar to above, bank has many products, and manually group into product lines that is not reflected in the raw data. Is there a way that I can upload the product line table that has the product code from the core, and my own defined product lines, and let BI do the report with product lnes directly rather than export the data, and do a Vlookup, and Sumifs formula in Excel?

Frankly, I am very stressed. Everytime I do a formula and copy down 1 million row, the whole computer stop responding. I think 90% of my time is to wait for excel to respond. I believe BI should be more intelligence than that. Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

• Jim-DJim-D Posts: 584 Bronze Crown
    edited July 2018

Hi Joanne,

As @BluShadow mentioned, there is not a dedicated space for World in the Oracle Developer Community, but there are several World subspaces in the My Oracle Support Community (MOSC), which is available to you if you have an active Oracle Support account.  While @KayK suggested the E1 space, I suggest you look at the subspaces of to find the appropriate place to post your question.

Good luck!

• Paul SeylerPaul Seyler Posts: 2
    edited August 2018

I am new to the community have some basic questions about bugs/capabilities of Apex5 Interactive Report generator (database 12C).  Where is best place to post those?  Thanks!

edited August 2018

Hi @paul seyler

may help you for Apex related questions.

• GigexGigex Posts: 2
    edited September 2018

I posted a question in the Community Feedback space, and got an admin notification that it was the wrong space and i should repost, But i have no idea where to post it...
    Its a coding question, i am using Java

Java version "10.0.1" 2018-04-17
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.3 (build 10.0.1+10)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.3 (build 10.0.1+10, mixed mode)

and eclipse Oxygen.3a Release [4.7.3a]

edited September 2018

I used the search functionality at the top right of the page and found the space, which contains many subspaces.

Hope this helps!

• 37203333720333 Posts: 3
    edited October 2018

Hi,

I need AR invoice FBDi template to run Auto Invoice for Fusion Release 8. Can you please help me?

Thanks

edited October 2018

There may not be an appropriate space here on the Oracle Developer Community, but there are several Fusion subspaces in the My Oracle Support Community (MOSC), which is available to you if you have an active Oracle Support account.  You may want to post your question in , so the Fusion experts can see your question.

Good luck!

• edited October 2018

Hi,

I've downloaded the trial version of Primavera P6 and wanted to find out about the login information. Where should I post this question and other Primavera P6 related questions?

Thanks in advance.

• KayKKayK Posts: 1,605 Bronze Crown
    edited October 2018

May be these place can help you

• edited January 2019

Good sharing,thanks

• edited February 2019

Hi,

I am new to the Oracle community. Just wanted to say hello to the members.

Thank you,

Amol Patel

• edited February 2019

Hi, im having trouble with jdk 11 for some reason any jar file that i download which is supposed to be executable is not executable all it runs is a command prompt screen for like a second and does nothing. Anywhere I can ask this question so I can get help on this subject?

edited February 2019
    a637a76b-521c-43c3-b02f-b3ecdfbd66ea wrote:Hi, im having trouble with jdk 11 for some reason any jar file that i download which is supposed to be executable is not executable all it runs is a command prompt screen for like a second and does nothing. Anywhere I can ask this question so I can get help on this subject?

I would suggest you use the most appropriate sub space over in the java community...

Java

• dmcedmce Posts: 1
    edited February 2019

New to the community as well.  I am trying to find a sample Oracle Key Vault log file, as we are still in the process of installing OKV in our DEV environment and I need to map events as part of the preparation requirements.  I have no idea where I can post this question or find this documentation.

• Laura H-OracleLaura H-Oracle Posts: 5
    edited February 2019

Hi,

For folks new to My Oracle Support Community and the framework, here are a couple of suggestions:

• Go to the top level of My Oracle Support Community so that you can see the Space List (select "Go Directly To" from the top menu on this page.
    • Type your question or need in the general search. The key thing is to associate your need with a product area. For the example from 'dmce', I think it might be Oracle Database. If you search, you will see other entries that share the search phrase. That will give you an idea of the best subspace and if other users have posted about this area.
    • Click on 'Space List' and find the top-level space that is the likely target and either pick an obvious subspace from there or search the top-level space. Again, you are trying to find existing content that relates to your area of interest.
    • The spaces and subspaces often have a list of recommended documents and resources direct from the product support team. If you can get to that level (i.e., Oracle Database again), you may also identify some good resources to help you support your product.

Hope that helps,

Laura

edited February 2019

@dmce - I used the search feature at the top right of the page to search for "Oracle Key Vault" and found several posts in the subspace.

• 39135173913517 Posts: 1
    edited March 2019

Looking for help installing Oracle JDK 11 in my Virtual Machine, using Linux (RPM-based) OS.

edited March 2019

I'm not a big user of Java, but the best place to start is over in the Java community:   and look at what subspaces there are there.  One of those should suit.

• raouazraouaz Posts: 5
    edited March 2019

Hi,

I am new to the Oracle Community and I have a question about the functional and technical changes log in Oracle EBS R12. Where can I post my question please ?

Thank you very much!

edited March 2019
    raouaz wrote:Hi,I am new to the Oracle Community and I have a question about the functional and technical changes log in Oracle EBS R12. Where can I post my question please ?Thank you very much!

Take a look at the sub spaces of   and see which one fits your question best.

edited March 2019

@raouaz - Welcome!

If you have a current Oracle support account, you can also visit the EBS communities in My Oracle Support Communities at

and see What is the difference between My Oracle Support Community, Oracle Groundbreakers, and Cloud Customer Connect?

• 39894793989479 Posts: 1
    edited May 2019

I am having issues finding Sql *Net to install on a Windows 2016 machine.  Where should I ask this question?

edited May 2019

Perhaps over in the space?

• 40098304009830 Posts: 3
    edited May 2019

What's so bad about Oracle? Whenever engineers I know say "Oracle," it seems to mean "the worst place to work and you should never do that." Why is that?

edited May 2019

What's so bad about Oracle? Whenever engineers I know say "Oracle," it seems to mean "the worst place to work and you should never do that." Why is that?

edited June 2019

Thanks for raising this issue but i think not everyone posting in the right section is due to hard interface and complicated design of Oracle. Well this is my personal opinion , your's point of view could be change

• DAVID71DAVID71 Posts: 2 Red Ribbon
    edited June 2019

Hi

I am struggling to find how to post questions. I've read Timo's article in the FAQ board, but there was no step by step instructions or links on how to find things.

So - for example, I want to post a Weblogic question - what would be the next step.

edited June 2019

@DAVID71

1. Use the hamburger icon at the top of the page to navigate to Oracle Groundbreakers > Fusion Middleware >    (or use the search tool to find "Weblogic")
    2. On the SPACE TREE on the left side, click on the appropriate subspace for your question.
    3. In the ACTIONS menu on the right side, click Start a discussion.
    4. Enter your subject, details, and tags
    5. Click the POST button

If you have an active Oracle Support account, you could choose to post your question in the My Oracle Support Community

See What is the difference between My Oracle Support Community, Oracle Groundbreakers, and Cloud Customer Connect?

• 39901963990196 Posts: 1
    edited July 2019

i have load data in the Data Visualizer but when i go to open the table it doesn't show anything.

• 40368754036875 Posts: 2
    edited July 2019

Hi,

we use ,

Produkt:Oracle Database Online Documentation Library, 11g Release 2 (11.2) Database Gateway for WebSphere MQ Installation and User's Guide . I need support for Large Data Buffers.

Thank you very much !

Norbert

2.1.1.2 Support for Large Data Buffers

The PL/SQL RAW data type limitation is 32 KB (32767) bytes. For large loads, you must use the TABLE OF RAWS data type. For more information about support for large data buffers, refer to Appendix A.

• 40382184038218 Posts: 2
    edited July 2019

I have an Oracle 11g Express installation on my personal Windows 7 PC, and am struggling to connect to it with a Javascript function in a .htm file on the same machine, which I am executing in IE version 11.

Can you advise what product space I should post details of this on?

(I haven't found an 'Obsolete Tech' space yet )

Thanks

Jason

• lilywulilywu Posts: 1
    edited July 2019

How to post a blog regarding Netsuite customization?

edited July 2019
    lilywu wrote:How to post a blog regarding Netsuite customization?

You can create blogs within your own profile.

Blogs/Documents in product spaces are only available for authorised Oracle personnel

• PJeetPJeet Posts: 1
    edited July 2019

i am new in the community, How do I ask questions or provide answer for particular questions if i have.

thanks

edited July 2019

Hi PJeet,

Firstly, locate the correct space/place to ask your question.  Most products have a space that is appropriate to them, so if you're question is, for example, Java related, you could look over in the space and the sub-spaces within that to find the most appropriate product.  If it's a general oracle database question then there is the space, or for Oracle Apex the space, or SQL and PL/SQL questions go in the space etc.   I think you get the idea.

Once you've located the product space you want there are a couple of ways to ask a question:

a) from the Overview page, click the Actions drop down in the menu bar, and then click "Discussion" to create a new discussion (by default, all discussions are questions, but you can mark it as just a discussion if it's not a question - though that's rare)

b) from the Content page, click the "Start a Discussion" link in the Actions box at the side of the page.

To reply to other people's questions, simply click the appropriate Reply button either against the original question or the appropriate response if you're responding to someone else on that thread, and once you've typed your reply, click the "Post" button.

Note, it's easier to post responses via the discussion thread itself, rather than through your "inbox", because the editor in the inbox is very limited, whereas answering directly within the thread allows you to click the "Advanced Editor" link which gives you more editor/formatting options.

Simple as that.

• sandmannsandmann Posts: 1
    edited September 2019

seems hard to navigate this forum.

i just want to find out why my hosts wont load bit ip dresses do.

edited September 2019
    sandmann wrote:seems hard to navigate this forum.i just want to find out why my hosts wont load bit ip dresses do.

It may seem hard at first, but once you find out where things are it's easy.  Oracle just has a lot of different products, so you have to find the right area for your questions.

It's not clear what your question is about.  Are you referring to something like Solaris servers or suchlike?

• BelindaBelinda Posts: 18 Blue Ribbon
    edited October 2019

Hello

I am looking for the Opera product community space to ask a question.

Many thanks in advance

Belinda