Forum Stats

• 3,726,949 Users
  • 2,245,295 Discussions
  • 7,852,502 Comments

Discussions

Since 1Z0-071's objectives have been updated, are there any new study resources?

4114827 Member Posts: 2

I heard the objectives were updated this summer, and it looks like the officially approved book by Steve O'Hearn doesn't cover all of the current ones. Have there been any new study resources created?

jaramill

Answers

• jaramill
    jaramill Member Posts: 4,299 Gold Trophy
    edited October 2019

Forum member (former Oracle consultant) and author has plenty of guides (and I recommend as I bought 3 of his) -- @Matthew Morris

http://www.oraclecertificationprep.com/apex/f?p=OCPSG:Study_Guides:0::NO::::

Search for study guide 1Z0-071 that he sells via Amazon.

4114827 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2019

Thank you jaramill. Do you know if his resources have been updated to reflect the changes in the exam objectives?

• jaramill
    edited October 2019
    4114827 wrote:Thank you jaramill. Do you know if his resources have been updated to reflect the changes in the exam objectives?

You'd have to read the book and see (but I see it's for 12c), and you'd have to e-mail him.  But in reality it does not have to be exact as you'll still benefit from reading his study guide.

• Evandro Lima-Oracle
    Evandro Lima-Oracle Member Posts: 106
    edited October 2019

Hi,

In the link below you can find the official content and all content that is covered in the certification.

https://education.oracle.com/oracle-database-sql/pexam_1Z0-071

Regards
  • kartik06
    kartik06 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2020

What is SMM?

Social media marketing (SMM) is a form of Internet marketing that utilizes social networking websites as a marketing tool. The goal of SMM is to produce content that users will share with their social network to help a company increase brand exposure and broaden customer reach.

• Unknown
    edited February 2020
  • Rajeshkrishna
    Rajeshkrishna Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2020

hi jaramill,

please clarify the below query..

recently took the 1z0-071 but i failed.. some question i guessed the answer and some are correct answer. Is there any negative marks.Please tell me in 1z0-071 ORACLE DATABASE EXAM.

• jaramill
    edited February 2020
    Veeru123 wrote:hi jaramill, please clarify the below query..recently took the 1z0-071 but i failed.. some question i guessed the answer and some are correct answer. Is there any negative marks.Please tell me in 1z0-071 ORACLE DATABASE EXAM.

Your question does not make sense.  You took the exam 1Z0-071, and failed.  So are there any "negative marks"?  You mean do you get a bad reputation?  NO.  You just failed.  You just have to wait two (2) weeks minimum before retaking the exam.

I suggest you read the documentation per every section of the exam topics, and also read the books that I mentioned to you by author Matthew Morris (see my first reply to you).

Don't study harder....study smarter.

• Andreas Moeller
    Andreas Moeller Member Posts: 5 Green Ribbon
    edited February 2020

The Certification Prop of Morris was suggested here.

Please be aware that the book of Morris is just an overview to fresh up your knowledge. Some important topics like:

* LIKE operator

* ESCAPE function

* Regular expressions

are not handled at all. Nevertheless it's a good basis for preparation if you're short on time. To complement this book there is the Oracle SQL language reference: https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/oracle-database/12.2/sqlrf/index.html

You need an idea how the questions are asked. Correct understanding of the questions is the key. Keep on searching for example questions.

jaramill
  • bd33a434-092d-48b4-90b4-a7e55f4b945f
    edited February 2020

M2Y academy is a globally recognized qualification in health and safety and environmental management. Safety Simplified, a new approach to NEBOSH IGC IOSH approved institute in trichy training.

• catherinecantrell
    catherinecantrell Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2020

I just used your exam questions for my 1z0-071 examination. I passed the exam with a high score!

• jaramill
    edited May 2020
    Andreas Moeller wrote:The Certification Prop of Morris was suggested here.Please be aware that the book of Morris is just an overview to fresh up your knowledge. Some important topics like:* LIKE operator* ESCAPE function* Regular expressionsare not handled at all. Nevertheless it's a good basis for preparation if you're short on time. To complement this book there is the Oracle SQL language reference: https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/oracle-database/12.2/sqlrf/index.htmlYou need an idea how the questions are asked. Correct understanding of the questions is the key. Keep on searching for example questions.

Yes you are correct about Matthew's book.  Even he indicates that his book should be the VERY last thing you read/study from before you take the exam.

He also has practice exams that mimic the real one (i.e. they have timer set so you can't pause it).

• jaramill
    edited May 2020
    catherinecantrell wrote:I just used your exam questions for my 1z0-071 examination. I passed the exam with a high score!

Not sure what you mean by this statement but if someone gave you actual exam questions, then that would be considered cheating.

The only legitimate practice exam questions are from the Kaplan IT Self Test exam questions authorized by Oracle, or Matthew Morris' practice exam questions