Forum Stats

• 3,826,854 Users
  • 2,260,714 Discussions
  • 7,897,104 Comments

Discussions

column name is not saving in table in sql developer

4073764 Member Posts: 1
edited Dec 11, 2019 10:49AM in Social Groups

When I create a table and fillup my entries for column name (screenshot image1 attached) and then click on advance option, my column name changed automatically (screenshot image2 attached)..so i

am not able to even create a table in oracle....please help if anybody knows whats the problem..

IMAGE1.pngIMAGE 2.png

Answers

• Satyasis-Oracle
    Satyasis-Oracle Member Posts: 2
    edited Dec 10, 2019 1:33AM

couple of points:

1. check if you have permission for creating table on that schema.

2. check the ddl before and after clicking the advance option. (you may click on advance option first, then try adding columns)

4149987 Member Posts: 1
    edited Dec 10, 2019 8:36AM

he waited a long time for an answer. thank you for your help

• BluShadow
    BluShadow Member, Moderator Posts: 41,978 Red Diamond
    edited Dec 10, 2019 9:46AM
    4149987 wrote:he waited a long time for an answer. thank you for your help

Hence why he would have been better to post in an appropriate product space, such as the SQL Developer space (as his question related to SQL Developer tool).

The Getting Started space, in which this question was asked, is a great place to introduce yourselves and to learn about using the community platform, but it's not the place that the product experts hang out, so product related questions are less likely to get answers here.

The space has details on it's main page about finding the right space to ask product questions, as well as details of how users can change their display name to something meaningful rather than just appearing as a random number.