Forum Stats

• 3,724,506 Users
  • 2,244,773 Discussions
  • 7,851,062 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Access to PearsonVue / Certview online to take the exam and or reschedule

triyae-JavaNet
triyae-JavaNet Member Posts: 2

Hi

Ive been communicating with Oracle Support since 17 Aug Mon but not very helpful nor technical neither moving forward. So i was wondering if anyone else is facing problems like i am.

Oracle apparently did a 'maintenance' of the testing platform last weekend which turned out to be a migration of Pearson Oracle (home.pearsonvue.com/oracle) to be completely managed by Oracle as accessed through CertView (certview.oracle.com). Since Monday 17 Aug have not been able to access their new fangled site, nor reschedule nor start my exam which i was planning on sitting for on Monday (and relatedly sit for two other exams at the end of the month).

Now the new Certview site isnt all too clear to me and how and where one is supposed to click to either start an exam or reschedule an exam is no where to be seen by any visible 'Start' or 'Reschedule' apart from one large 'CertView' button on the top left corner and 'Manage Pearson...' button on the left sidebar. Support continually says to click on the 'CertView' button and keeps iterating please try again or furnish us with error if you have problems logging in ..... (fuming frustration here...).

Clicking on 'Certview' only gives 302s for me which lands back to the same page and clicking on 'Manage Pearson ... ' gives me "Temporary error please try again ..." (head banging on wall here...). I tried on a variety of browsers (Chrome, IE11 (!), IE Edge, Firefox, Brave, Opera) and one other laptop both running Win10. I dont want to startup my old XP nor old MacBook.

Am only wondering if im stuck in a private island where Oracle hates me for being overly vocal, abrasive (unabashedly so!) and nonpolitically correct about my views and feelings about their subpar services, or are others facing similar/identical problems.

In comparison my previous experiences with PearsonVue online has been seamless and did not face any problems with the last two exams i took (815 and 816 last two weeks). Also as comparison i did face problems with Pivotal which were fixed and zero problems with Datastax (early in the year) and all of them proctored online exams.

Apologies for the rant/vent. Would be interesting to hear how others are faring. Thank you.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• User_IF6BM
    User_IF6BM Member Posts: 1 Blue Ribbon
    edited August 2020 Accepted Answer

Hello triyae-JavaNet ,

I'd faced the same problem like you're facing right now. I've opened 3 SR's and I mailed to [email protected]

and I have already opened several calls but none of them oracle have resolved it.

When I'd logged on (certview.oracle.com), I saw this message.:

Welcome to the New CertView Portal

The NEW CertView Portal allows you the same convenient access to all certification and exam history, badges, ecertificates, and certification verification and now gives you the additional functionality to:

• Create and manage your Oracle Account including account merges and name changes
    • Schedule, re-schedule, and cancel exam appointments
    • Manage your OPN status and details
    • Complete course submission forms

You will no longer sign in to Pearson VUE for any Oracle Certification activity.

Then I clicked on Menage Exam on Pearson Vue,

And I got this error:

Alert!

An error has occured while processing your request, please find the details below:

Indicates that a planned temporary system issue is preventing access for the candidate logging in.

Please contact Certview Help Center to raise a ticket

Go to Certview to try again

So their answer from oracle support was always the same as shown below.:

Reference # : 200817-000000

Subject: AutoSR OCP : CertView Access

Dear <<Charles >>
    Thanks for contacting the Oracle Certification team.
    Please note that going forward you need to use your Certview login to manage your exams. We have fixed the issue and here is your CertView login details:
    CertView Login: xyz@yahoo.com
    CertView URL: http://certview.oracle.com/
    Please follow the below steps to manage your exams:
    • login to http://certview.oracle.com/
    o Candidates who are logging in to CertView after 16th Aug 20 (If issue with login – raise SR to OCP support team)
     Accept the agreement
     Submit the profile
    • Click on Manage exam at Pearson VUE (It will take candidate to PVUE exam search page)

Please revert to this email, if you have any issue with your login.
    Regards,

As oracle was not resolving this issue, I'd contacted person vue support. Indeed they were very attentive, but they said that the problem was occurring on the oracle side, so I would have to contact them.

After that I'd opened another SR informing what happened. And when I had already given up, they fixed out the page where I was getting some trouble.

This time it worked, but I had even given up trying to resolve the issue,  I wish you good luck and patiency.

Answers

• User_IF6BM
    User_IF6BM Member Posts: 1 Blue Ribbon
    edited August 2020 Accepted Answer

Hello triyae-JavaNet ,

I'd faced the same problem like you're facing right now. I've opened 3 SR's and I mailed to [email protected]

and I have already opened several calls but none of them oracle have resolved it.

When I'd logged on (certview.oracle.com), I saw this message.:

Welcome to the New CertView Portal

The NEW CertView Portal allows you the same convenient access to all certification and exam history, badges, ecertificates, and certification verification and now gives you the additional functionality to:

• Create and manage your Oracle Account including account merges and name changes
    • Schedule, re-schedule, and cancel exam appointments
    • Manage your OPN status and details
    • Complete course submission forms

You will no longer sign in to Pearson VUE for any Oracle Certification activity.

Then I clicked on Menage Exam on Pearson Vue,

And I got this error:

Alert!

An error has occured while processing your request, please find the details below:

Indicates that a planned temporary system issue is preventing access for the candidate logging in.

Please contact Certview Help Center to raise a ticket

Go to Certview to try again

So their answer from oracle support was always the same as shown below.:

Reference # : 200817-000000

Subject: AutoSR OCP : CertView Access

Dear <<Charles >>
    Thanks for contacting the Oracle Certification team.
    Please note that going forward you need to use your Certview login to manage your exams. We have fixed the issue and here is your CertView login details:
    CertView Login: xyz@yahoo.com
    CertView URL: http://certview.oracle.com/
    Please follow the below steps to manage your exams:
    • login to http://certview.oracle.com/
    o Candidates who are logging in to CertView after 16th Aug 20 (If issue with login – raise SR to OCP support team)
     Accept the agreement
     Submit the profile
    • Click on Manage exam at Pearson VUE (It will take candidate to PVUE exam search page)

Please revert to this email, if you have any issue with your login.
    Regards,

As oracle was not resolving this issue, I'd contacted person vue support. Indeed they were very attentive, but they said that the problem was occurring on the oracle side, so I would have to contact them.

After that I'd opened another SR informing what happened. And when I had already given up, they fixed out the page where I was getting some trouble.

This time it worked, but I had even given up trying to resolve the issue,  I wish you good luck and patiency.

• triyae-JavaNet
    triyae-JavaNet Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2020

Thanks so much for replying 974841,

So in the end can you start exams or reschedule exams? I didnt get that last part.

Indeed the Pearson folks were at least reachable and willing to accommodate and discuss (however ornery i was), Oracle support lives behind this impenetrable wall of one single email/support form because theyre afraid of being culpable/pointed out for their mistakes/inefficiencies. If at least we know that ok, some guy in Bangalore doesnt know how to configure SSO or whatever... but nothing yeesh.

Would be interesting to hear from folks who arent having any problems with exam starting/rescheduling/etc. Ive had my login account since the days of prometric i think, and CertView at the beginning (10 years back) didnt port the Sun certs correctly, didnt pay it much mind until recently it appeared, so at least, 'ok someone actually did some work... '. Single devs who arent represented by a large corporate entity (like myself) are obviously at a disadvantage for not having any sort of economic leverage. "yeah we got them to buy our training and certs, now we dont need to care whether our infra works smoothly, optmally or not". Apologies for the rant and rambling.