• 7,867,147 Comments

Discussions

Transition Feedback Thread

Comments

• Mustafa_KALAYCI
    Mustafa_KALAYCI Member Posts: 3,354 Bronze Crown
    edited Sep 15, 2020 9:42AM Accepted Answer

hi Jim,

thanks for testing it and here is my screen shot when I tried to reply your post:

forbidden.png

I also add this image using firefox.

also here is my chrome version:

chrome.PNG

Jim-DSandeep Kumar sk
  • Sandeep Kumar sk
    Sandeep Kumar sk Member Posts: 496 Silver Badge
    edited Sep 15, 2020 11:08AM

Thanks Mustafa for the screenshot showing "That type of image is forbidden". Yes this is the same error I am getting on Chrome now upgraded to v85 after Jim suggested.

Mustafa_KALAYCI
  • Scott Wesley
    Scott Wesley Member Posts: 6,036 Gold Crown

Is this the best place to deliver feedback? Because I'm accumulating a few...

PaulzipmathguyTimo Hahn
  • Scott Wesley
    Scott Wesley Member Posts: 6,036 Gold Crown

1) Swirly background not conducive to easy reading

2) New issues lists a lot of old stuff at the top

3) Would be great if new question would know what you've been looking at

4) Tried a second time to update account, so I could get screenshot that failed my uneditable username that contained a space.

And for some reason got this

5) Here is the username issue

But the main difficulty I have is finding the typical list of recent questions for the Oracle Application Express community. The closest I get is here, but the questions seem older than they should be - before the freeze.

https://community.oracle.com/tech/developers/discussions/tagged/apex

And when we need to ask a question, we need to find the relevant category - and I can't find that "APEX" category - or at least I can't select Oracle APEX as I can SQL & PL/SQL

Scott

SFFD2
  • user10472047
    user10472047 Member Posts: 190 Red Ribbon
    edited Sep 30, 2020 8:25AM

When i login to my account, it does show there are 13 discussions. but when clicking on those 13, its says no discussions found. Why is it so? Or i am doing it wrong? Also not seeing "general database discussion" and "sql plsql" categories where we used to post questions/discussions earlier.

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 19,873 Red Diamond
    edited Sep 30, 2020 7:05AM

But the main difficulty I have is finding the typical list of recent questions for the Oracle Application Express community. The closest I get is here, but the questions seem older than they should be - before the freeze.

And when we need to ask a question, we need to find the relevant category - and I can't find that "APEX" category - or at least I can't select Oracle APEX as I can SQL & PL/SQL

The problem seems to be that categories containing subcategories cannot have their own content—or at least at present any such content is not being displayed and cannot be edited, nor new content created.

See APEX with the Packaged Applications subcategory, and SQL Developer with SQLcl.

acowling-OracleLalitha Subramanian
  • BluShadow
    BluShadow Member, Moderator Posts: 41,298 Red Diamond

Couple of issues I noted immediately...

In my profile, whilst my email address is correctly marked so that it is not shown to other members, there is no such option against my company name. Previously we could have this hidden. I've now had to remove my company name from my profile.

Notification settings, I previously had no emails enabled (I get all notificiation via inbox on the community only). By default, this community has enabled all email notifications, so I've had to go and turn all those off.

And looking at the forum (apart from the horrible swirly background)... images for people's profiles or the ones that, for example, Scott has uploaded above, I can't see. Looks like you're hosting images on us.v-cdn.net which is likely blocked by our local firewall, unlike oracle.com which is permitted here on site. This means I won't be able to see all the content properly. For security reasons, it's difficult to get websites unblocked here, so having you host part of your content on somewhere other than oracle.com is a problem.

And, using Windows 7 (yes we will be upgrading to Windows 10 in a few months) and IE11 browser, the community is painfully slow to load pages, about a minute per page. Using Chrome browser is quicker.

This discussion has been closed.