- 5.2K All Categories
- 11 Introduce Yourself!
- 357 Community Feedback - NEW! (No Product Questions)
- 85 General Community Platform Concerns/Kudos/Feedback
- 73 Community Platform Bug Reports
- 74 How Do I Use the Community?
- 25 Where is the...? (Community Platform Locations)
- 14 Ideas and Suggestions for the Community Platform
- 66 Personal Document & Blog Archive
- 3 Community Programs
- 3 Get-Togethers
- 4.8K Certification Community
- 4.6K Certification Community Discussions
- 20 Oracle Certified Master Profiles
- 28 Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Master Profiles
- 60 Visual Builder Cloud Service
new forum madness
It's madness, I tell you. Madness
Over the last couple of days I've painstakingly put together a hierarchy outline of the new forum structure, starting with the hub (https://community.oracle.com/hub/) and drilling down every branch. Thinking that would help identify and clarify every forum I am interested in following, I deleted my existing small collection of browser bookmarks, expecting to rebuild them in a more orderly manner. Foolish me.
Upon completion of the chart (8 pages of a narrow-margin Word doc - and that was just going down Customers - Application and Infrastructure) I started looking for where my primary group was - Database General Discussions. Could not find it. Thinking I might have accidentally deleted it from hitting delete on a mis-placed cursor, I started at the hub and went looking for it. Nada. Then I started looking for this feedback space. I was only able to find it when I googled "oracle community feedback forum". (and that took me to the old forum, which at least had a message with a link to this one).
When I googled "oracle database general discussion forum", the best hit took me to https://community.oracle.com/tech/welcome/categories/3063, which I had previously seen and marked for 'following'. But there were no discussions:
Navigating down from the hub (hub - customers - applications & infrastructure - Connect - Applications and Infrastructure Community - On-Premesis Infrastructure - Database Software - ) everything beyond that was sliced and diced very finely. No 'general database discussion' to be found.