Forum Stats

• 3,733,398 Users
  • 2,246,755 Discussions
  • 7,856,687 Comments

Discussions

Suddenly a "duplicate" account?

Yesterday I received an email from Oracle Hub ([email protected]), that I was promoted to Green Ribbon. The mail provided a link (under a button "Check it out") to https://community.oracle.com/hub/profile.

When not logged in that didn't lead anywhere, but if I log in as usual, suddenly there seems to be another profile of me, where I supposedly joined September 2020. It IS using my email, but doesn't have anything else.

Any explanation for that sudden shadow profile appearance? It took me a bit by surprise, as I haven't been around here much (almost never anymore, I'm afraid - in it's new form these forums have lost a lot, if not all, of their attraction to me). So I decided to check it out, which is why I've logged in again (Since a very long time). And now it appears I have a profile here:

and here:

The first one being completely empty...

Best Answer

• Leigh.Burke-Oracle
    Leigh.Burke-Oracle Community Experience Manager Posts: 247 Employee
    Accepted Answer

@Stefan Jager Sorry for the confusion currently the overall community platform creates a profile for you on each individual community you visit, i.e. MOSC, Technology, Topliners, etc. This year we are working to create a unified profile so it does not create this confusion, but still allows you to see your engagement in each community.

The "Hub" is the main entry to the overall community, so that profile is very limited as there is no real engagement happening in that area.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Leigh Burke

Community Experience Manager

L. Fernigrini

Answers

• Leigh.Burke-Oracle
    Leigh.Burke-Oracle Community Experience Manager Posts: 247 Employee
    Accepted Answer

@Stefan Jager Sorry for the confusion currently the overall community platform creates a profile for you on each individual community you visit, i.e. MOSC, Technology, Topliners, etc. This year we are working to create a unified profile so it does not create this confusion, but still allows you to see your engagement in each community.

The "Hub" is the main entry to the overall community, so that profile is very limited as there is no real engagement happening in that area.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Leigh Burke

Community Experience Manager

L. Fernigrini