- 5.4K All Categories
- 17 Introduce Yourself!
- 483 Community Feedback - NEW! (No Product Questions)
- 116 General Community Platform Concerns/Kudos/Feedback
- 85 Community Platform Bug Reports
- 90 How Do I Use the Community?
- 75 Where is the...? (Community Platform Locations)
- 20 Ideas and Suggestions for the Community Platform
- 71 Personal Document & Blog Archive
- 5 Community Programs
- 5 Get-Togethers
- 4.9K Certification Community
- 4.7K Certification Community Discussions
- 22 Oracle Certified Master Profiles
- 32 Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Master Profiles
- 89 Visual Builder Cloud Service
New to Oracle - Questions from a beginner
Miguel here, brand new to Oracle and really like it. I just got out of college and I am landed a positional as an application analyst mainly working with Oracle JDE and various other software. I really like working with Oracle and the servers on the back end. One of the senior guys said I should look into some certifications in Oracle. After searching this site and looking at other threads. I am leaning to starting with 1Z0-071 - Oracle Database Administrator 12c Certified Associate. I am hoping I could get some advice on my plan to study and certify.
I have two study guides - 1) OCA Oracle Database SQL exam guide by O'Hearn and 2) Study Guide for 1Z0-071 by Morris. I also purchased a course through Udemy on this particular test (1Z0-071). I plan on taking the test at the end of July to early August depending on availability. Is there anything else that you recommend I do to study/prepare for this exam?
Also, if and when I pass the exam. What next step would you recommend I do? I would like to be in a Application developer or database administrator position someday. However, I like oracle and would like to stay with it, is there other software/coding/anything else you all would recommend me looking into?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.