- 5.2K All Categories
- 10 Introduce Yourself!
- 354 Community Feedback - NEW! (No Product Questions)
- 83 General Community Platform Concerns/Kudos/Feedback
- 72 Community Platform Bug Reports
- 74 How Do I Use the Community?
- 25 Where is the...? (Community Platform Locations)
- 14 Ideas and Suggestions for the Community Platform
- 66 Personal Document & Blog Archive
- 3 Community Programs
- 3 Get-Togethers
- 4.8K Certification Community
- 4.6K Certification Community Discussions
- 20 Oracle Certified Master Profiles
- 28 Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Master Profiles
- 60 Visual Builder Cloud Service
BUG: can not change profile to private
I can not change my forum profile to "private" - after clicking the checkbox for "private" there will be displayed an error about the user name not containing valid characters (which was autogenerated and not changed). I did not change the username, just clicked the "private" checkbox.
Also in a second attempt I tried to change the username - the procedure takes me to another window (why?) and after changing the username I click "continue" - but the username showed in my profile is still the same autogenerated one. I still can not change the profile to "private".
After logging out and in again, the username is set to the one I typed in, but the error message trying to change my profile to private is still shown.
I have to add that even the error message about the user name is wrong. It says
"Usernames must be 3-20 characters and consist of letters, numbers, and underscores."
While my username has 3-20 characters and consist of letters, numbers, and underscores.
PLEASE set my profile to private - thanks!
I would strongly recommend to use battle-hardened open source forum software instead of trying to reinvent wheels that stay in alpha forever. The errors described above would not have passed QA even in a small web dev team.