- 5.4K All Categories
- 15 Introduce Yourself!
- 455 Community Feedback - NEW! (No Product Questions)
- 107 General Community Platform Concerns/Kudos/Feedback
- 83 Community Platform Bug Reports
- 86 How Do I Use the Community?
- 65 Where is the...? (Community Platform Locations)
- 18 Ideas and Suggestions for the Community Platform
- 71 Personal Document & Blog Archive
- 5 Community Programs
- 5 Get-Togethers
- 4.8K Certification Community
- 4.7K Certification Community Discussions
- 22 Oracle Certified Master Profiles
- 31 Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Master Profiles
- 83 Visual Builder Cloud Service
A Thank-You versus Social-Media-Braggart-Rights
I received this (as I'm sure others have):
Accepting the badge needs a registration at a 3rd party site, in order to use the badge via social media - and of course serves marketing Oracle on social media.
No thanks. I'm not interested in social media. I'm not interested in selling Oracle (though I will and do recommend Oracle products worth considering from a technical perspective).
Saying thanks to me via a private mail just saying "thanks!" will mean a whole lot more to me than a so-called reward that I am expected to use via social media to spotlight Oracle.
I realise that I'm likely an odd one out thinking this social media badge is a bit insulting. But this kind of approach to saying thanks simply solidify my belief that our species are running blindly towards the Great Filter (the most feasible explanation of the Fermi Paradox).