4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2009 2:41 AM by PLIM

Cannot start Essbase once admin password is changed

PLIM
      Hi

I have come into an organisation where all applications were created using the default admin / password credentials. I am wanting to tighten security by changing the password of the admin account. I can do this easily in Shared Services, however when I stop and start the Essbase service, I get the following error "Essbase Product Existence Check Fails against the Shared Services Server with Error Unable to Authenticate.".

In the HSS log I get:
      10-Dec-2009 15:59:55, /files, HEAD, 500 "Internal Server Error", 63 ms, %v
      10-Dec-2009 16:00:26, /files, HEAD, 401 "Unauthorized", 0 ms, %v
      com.hyperion.interop.AuthenticationException: Could not authenticate user 'CSSToken'. Please ensure the username and password is correct.

I have searched these forums and found threads to load Essbase service in the foreground (isnt this startEssbase.cmd?) and it says I can change the load up admin password there. However when I do that, I dont get that option.

If I change the password back to the default password, I can get Essbase back up and running no problems.

Can someone please tell me how to change the password for admin that Essbase uses to authenticate with Shared Services?

Thanks

Edited by: PLIM on 9/12/2009 21:33