8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2010 2:31 PM by 676522

Documents to implement iProcurement

User009
      Hi All,

i need to know the documents required for implementing iProcurement?

Other than the implementation document we have.

Thanks,

SYR
        • 1. Re: Documents to implement iProcurement
          S.PDASH
          Hi,
          Your question is not very clear, would you mind to let us know what is exactly you are looking for??

Your question : i need to know the documents required for implementing iProcurement?
          Ans : To my knowledge you need a clean BR-100 as per your business requirement.

Hope you discussed in details with your key business users before preparing iproc BR-100 setup doc.

Regards,
          S.P DASH
          • 2. Re: Documents to implement iProcurement
            User009
            Hi Dash,

Iam looknig for steps , i.e from where and how to start implementing iProcurement?

Iam confused in setup steps?

Thanks,

SYR
            • 3. Re: Documents to implement iProcurement
              S.PDASH
              Hi SYR,
              Iproc is module mostly based on PO & Inv module... Please let us know if you have completed PO & Inv setups..

In I-procuremnt setup side you need to follow below steps..

*1) Sysadmin: Define Profile Options*
              Look for Profiles starting with "POR:%'.. e.g. "POR: Generate and Display Account at Checkout".. this will help you to show the acount which is getting hit when you check out.

*2) Define Requisition Templates for Oracle iProcurement Public Lists* : Not mandatory setup.

*3) iProcurement: Information Template*
              This setup is required as per you business requirement.. e.g. you need to send a note to supplier after checkout...: iProcurement uses information templates to pass necessary order processing information to suppliers. For example, an order for business cards cannot be filled without the requisitioner’s name, address, phone, email, and other information.     By setting up an information template for business cards, you can require the iProcurement user to provide that information.

*4) Define Shipping Networks and Customer Locations for Internal Requisitions*
              As per your business need, Customer Locations for Internal Requisitions this part normally taken care by AR module.

*5) Set Up Content Security*     
              This option will help you to define Stores, Content Jones etc.. for your Business

*6) Create Commodity-Based Expense Account Rules* : you can ignore this

*7) Set Up Smart Forms*
              Please refer user guide for details

*8)Set Project Accounting*
              We can refer Project in the Billing Section of the Requisition. By default, the following fields appear if Oracle Projects is installed and the
              Destination type is Expense: Project, Task, Expenditure Type, Expenditure, Organization, and Expenditure Item Date

*9) Set Advanced Pricing*
              Refer User guide for details

*10) Personalize Oracle iProcurement Using Oracle Applications Framework :* Ignore this step for the time being

*11) Customize Operating Unit-Specific Purchasing Policies*
              As per your business needs.

*12) Define Descriptive Flex fields on Requisitions*
              Use this as per your business requirement

*13) iProcurement Category Hierarchy:*     
              This step is a major setup in iProcurement.

*14) iProcurement Item Categories:*
              This step is a major setup in iProcurement.

*15) iProcurement: Mapping Categories:*
              _*This step is a major setup in iProcurement.*_

Regards,
              S.P DASH
              • 4. Re: Documents to implement iProcurement
                User009
                Hi Dash,

Yes PO and INv modules setups are done.

what about the content(catalog) ?

which is prefered Local Catalog or External Catalog?

If Local catalog ? what are setups we have do?

If External Catalog ? What?

Thanks,

SYR
                • 5. Re: Documents to implement iProcurement
                  S.PDASH
                  Hi YSR,
                  I will recommend you to refer user guide to understand how to define a catalog for E-business.

Whatever setup I mentioned earlier is based on Internal catalog as per our business requirement, our main aim was to allow end users to procure items which are exist in our Internal catalog. Users will have a freedom to shop items defined in internal(Local) catalog. We prefer Local catalog as we are able categories our items in catalog and as mapping was easy.

Your question 1 : which is prefered Local Catalog or External Catalog?
                  Ans : Its again depends on your business requirement. We prefered Local catalog as we have a better control on this type of catalog.

Your question 2 : If Local catalog ? what are setups we have do?
                  Ans : Please refer setup steps which I mentioned in my earlier post.

I am not sure how to define and maintain an external catalog.

We will appreciate if you could let us know in what kind of business you are planning to implement iProcurement.
                  Do you have a plan to allow Customer to shop from your site (e.g. DELL site we use to buy a PC/Laptop) or allow your internal users to procure items based on the catalog defined in your organization.

Regards,
                  S.P DASH
                  • 6. Re: Documents to implement iProcurement
                    User009
                    Hi Dash,

the setup steps u have mentioned above are for r12?

SYR
                    • 7. Re: Documents to implement iProcurement
                      S.PDASH
                      Hi SYR,
                      Setup steps which I mentioned in the thread are from R12 but I think this is more or less same as 11i..

I have implemented i-Proc in R12.

Regards,
                      S.P DASH
                      1 person found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Documents to implement iProcurement
                        Hi,

You can refer the below link which might help

http://apps2fusion.com/apps/fm/iprocurement/64-iprocurement-setups-with-punchouts

Thanks,
                        Raghav