1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 5, 2010 4:21 PM by S.PDASH

In "iProcurement" same item in Different BPA's?

User009
      Hi All,

What is the purpose of having the same item in different BPA's and with with supplier?

when i search for the item X in iProcurement, it gives me same item with different BPA's and Supplier's?

What is the purpose of a catalog having same item in differnt BPA's?

Hope iam clear witht eh question?

Thanks,
      SYR
        • 1. Re: In "iProcurement" same item in Different BPA's?
          S.PDASH
          Hi,
          Your question 1: What is the purpose of having the same item in different BPA's and with with supplier?
          Ans : b'coz same item can be procured from different Supplier.... In simple words, a particular item can be supplied by multiple vendors..In ASL we normally use this feature. Incase one supplier failed to supply a particular item we normally look for alernative supplier.. thats the reason we create multiple BPAs for a particular items associated with multiple suppliers.

Your question 2: when i search for the item X in iProcurement, it gives me same item with different BPA's and Supplier's?
          Ans : Since we have Multiple BPAs for the same item (say-x), when we search for Item X it will pull those BPAs which are associated with item x associated with preferred suppliers.

Your question 3: What is the purpose of a catalog having same item in differnt BPA's?
          Ans: A catalog never refer a BPA , it contains information about Items only. Catalog never look for which BPAs are associated with which items. Correct me if I am wrong here.

Your question 4: Hope iam clear witht eh question?
          Ans : I am not very sure :) but indeed you asked a nice question. :)

Regards,
          S.P DASH