6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2010 11:26 AM by 452963

Return a Requisition to the Requestor (Automatically)

Hi All,

Is there way by which requisitions can be sent back to the requester automatically.

From iProcurement, requester is raising the requisition, and that requisition gets Appoved by his/her Manager. From there it automatically creates the PO, but It is not. It is sitting in the REQ POOL.

What is REQ POOL. For what reasons the requisitions sit in the REQ POOL.

Is there a way (instead of POREQAPPR Workflow), write a package and return the requisitions sitting in the REQ POOL back to the requester..

Guidance needed.

Help Appreciated.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Return a Requisition to the Requestor (Automatically)
          Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
          A requisition may not get converted into a PO if the ASL is not setup or the Requisition does not carry all the details needed for the ASL to kick in.
          e.g. if the ASL specifies a supplier site but the REQ does not.

In that case, the requisition needs to be processed by going to the AutoCreate screen in Purchasing.

There is no seeded way to have the req go back to the requestor automatically in such scenario. Nor would I recommend it. If you return it, then the req. has to go thru' approval process all over again.

If such occurances are infrequent enough, then you can consider writing some kind of a "Aged Requisition Report" that find requisitions that were approved x hours ago but are not convereted into a PO. And send the report to the requstor.

Hope this answers your question
          Sandeep Gandhi
          Independent Consultant
          513-325-9026
          • 2. Re: Return a Requisition to the Requestor (Automatically)
            Stick
            We use something along these lines via an Oracle alert that goes to the requestor's email.
            • 3. Re: Return a Requisition to the Requestor (Automatically)
              Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for the reply.

We have a normal process of returning the requisition. Search for the requisition in Auto Create form and in Tools -> you have Return Requisition. Select the Requisitions which you want to return and click Tools -> Return Requisition button. It will ask for to enter a Return Reason. When you enter the reason and click O.k Button, Requisition is returned to the requester.

The above is the Manual way of Returning a Requisition. If I want to Autmate this process for a group of requisitions, How can I achieve it. Is there any way. Should I customize the POAPPRREQ workflow. Please advice. Is customizing the workflow the only way or can we achieve it by writing a separate program. How Can one Return a Requisition Automatically to the requester.

When we enter a Return Reason and click O.K Button, what is the even triggered behind that button when pressed. How can we know what action is being performed when o.k button is clicked. Please advice.

Help Appreciated.

Thanks
              • 4. Re: Return a Requisition to the Requestor (Automatically)
                Hi Sandeep,

What I have done is, I have found the code behind OK Button after giving Return Reason for Returning a Requisition.

PO_AUTOCREATE_DOC.send_return_notif(to_number(name_in('req_lines.requisition_header_id')),
                to_number(name_in('PO_STARTUP_VALUES.EMPLOYEE_ID')),
                name_in('return_req.return_reason'));

Above is the package which I found in the OK Button procedure.

When I executed the above procedure just by hardcoding Req_Header_Id, Employee_id and Reason, with begin end, It has the send the notification, but the Authorization_Status was not updated to 'RETURNED' and the NOTE. In the notification details, we can just see the submitted and Approved Status lines and not the Returned and Update Note Line.

Not sure What is missing over here. I am trying to Autmatically through a procedure returning a requisition by sending a notification which is done through normal workflow process.

Please advice where I am going wrong.

Help Apprecaited

Thanks
                • 5. Re: Return a Requisition to the Requestor (Automatically)
                  Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
                  I think you have to dig a little deeper in the code.
                  It is possible that Oracle first sends the notification (and you have found the procedure that does that.)
                  And then further down, Oracle wlll set the status and the action history records. You will need to mimick that as well.
                  Sorry, I don't know the exact procedures that do it.

Sandeep Gandhi
                  Independent Consultant
                  513-325-9026
                  • 6. Re: Return a Requisition to the Requestor (Automatically)
                    Hi Sandeep,

Is there a way to automate the return requisition process which is handled manually from the front end.

Help Appreciated.

Thanks