2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2010 2:58 AM by mihaelradovan RSS

Oracle Database 11g: Program with PL/SQL 1Z0-144

mihaelradovan
      As I had pass 1Z0-047 exam (Oracle Database SQL Expert), I would like to pass 1Z0-144 exam, so I can get Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate.

But there is no explanation which book I can use to prepare this exam. I have "Oracle Database 11g: PL/SQL Programming" book from Oracle Press. But is it enough? Or maybe even too mutch for study whole book?

Have someone any material for preparing this exam?

Tnx!
        • 1. Re: Oracle Database 11g: Program with PL/SQL 1Z0-144
          mihaelradovan wrote:
          As I had pass 1Z0-047 exam (Oracle Database SQL Expert), I would like to pass 1Z0-144 exam, so I can get Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate.

But there is no explanation which book I can use to prepare this exam. I have "Oracle Database 11g: PL/SQL Programming" book from Oracle Press. But is it enough? Or maybe even too mutch for study whole book?

Have someone any material for preparing this exam?

Tnx!
          From your question I am assuming you were a fairly experience SQL person ywho used the Oracle Press Book ISBN-13: 978-0071614214 OCA Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert Exam Guide (Exam 1Z0-047) to prepare for that exam.

For 1z0-144 AFAIK there is no helpful Oracle Press exam focused book.

That means you will (proably) have to do a bit more work in preaparation.

The book you have should cover a fair bit of the syllabus, (as well as most of 1z0-146) though prepare to look up oracle online documentation as well. Sometimes it is actually more understandable than the books (Those thinking of OCM should probably refer to Oracle Documentation first).

Please note some may argue ISBN-13: 978-0596514464 (Make sure of latest 11gR2 edition) is a better book. Thats even more pages to look at.

---

My suggestion is if you are unfamiliar with PL/SQL try to get familiar with that first without concentrating too much on certification. When you feel you have mastered PL/SQL basics prepare revision notes arround the exam topics (That the way the exam focus books are now structured). And prepare yourself to make you own flash cards. While I often point out [http://blogs.oracle.com/certification/2009/05/the_route_you_choose.html] to people to stop them using brain dumps this reference also suggests positively towards revision techniques (eg flash cards and gap anlaysis).

---

Rgds -bigdelboy
          • 2. Re: Oracle Database 11g: Program with PL/SQL 1Z0-144
            mihaelradovan
            Thanks a lot, it will be halpful!