6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2010 6:37 PM by ynandi

PO sequence number issue

Dear Friends,

I have the following requirement with my client in Purchasing module.

My client is dealing with Raw Materials and Non-Raw Materials. They want to use one PO sequence number for Raw Materials and other sequence number for Non-Raw Materials. Also, every year they will start fresh sequence number for both Non-Raw Materials and Raw Materials.

What would be the best solution to achieve this business scenario?

Regards,

Saravanan
        • 1. Re: PO sequence number issue
          My client is dealing with Raw Materials and Non-Raw Materials. They want to use one PO sequence number for Raw Materials and other sequence number for Non-Raw Materials. Also, every year they will start fresh sequence number for both Non-Raw Materials and Raw Materials.

What would be the best solution to achieve this business scenario?
          As far as i Know , there is only one sequence for PO, it could be handled with number entry and number type
          That is auto or manual for entry and numeric o alphanumeric for type

And as far as your desired functionality is concerned, i think you can open a DFF at header level or do some other personalization.

Maybe there is some way out for your functionality but i havent come across any such thing like that

You shoul still do a little bit research or search it on google

Please mark the reply as helpful or answered, whatever appropriate
          • 2. Re: PO sequence number issue
            ynandi
            Is it possible to revert to auto-sequence numbers for PO after we have already entered manual numbers ?

Our client was using manual numbering scheme .... but now they wany to revert to auto-numbering for PO's ...
            • 3. Re: PO sequence number issue
              Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
              Certainly.
              Just make sure that the "next po number" you set in the purchasing options screen (numbering tab) is set to a number higher than the existing purchase order numbers.

Hope this answers your question
              Sandeep Gandhi
              Independent Consultant
              513-325-9026
              • 4. Re: PO sequence number issue
                ynandi
                Sandeep:

Thanks for that answer .... but need some clarification.

Our existing PO numbers are not numbers but manually entered alphanumeric (ENP-AAA-123) .......... now they suddenly want to convert to pure auto-generated numbers .... I guess I can do this .... but will it affect anything if they do decide to come back to manual alpha numeric.

Sorry for these crazy requirements but you know how customers can be ?

Y
                • 5. Re: PO sequence number issue
                  Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
                  I don't foresee any problems with switching the po number generation method. Just make sure that the "next po number" you set in the purchasing options screen (numbering tab) is set to a number higher than the existing purchase order numbers.

Hope this answers your question
                  Sandeep Gandhi
                  Independent Techno-functional Consultant
                  513-325-9026
                  • 6. Re: PO sequence number issue
                    ynandi
                    Thanks for the answer.