This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
1 person found this helpful
My client has various departments. Each department may need the same or different kind of items. Each department head will raise the requisition. All these requisition will go to stores department's manager. He will check for these materials, if this materials is not available with stores he will consolidate all these requisition and send it across to purchasing department i.e buyer.
How to map this requirement through standard functionality? Is there any workaround required?Let the dept heads make the requisitions..they would then be submitted for approval, in your case the store depts manager could be the final authority in the approval hierarchy or one of the middle authorities in the hierarchy.He can approve or reject the requisitions as the scenario is.
The buyers can then make the PO as per the lines assigned to them
Please mark the thread as helpful or answered, what ever suits best
Thanks for your reply.
Still I have some doubts on this process...
1) Can I suggest my client that they have to manually call or to send email to stores people. Once the item is available in stores, stores person will send material to the corresponding department through some inventory transaction or else he will raise requisition if the item is not available with him.
2) Is there any available functionality in Oracle Apps to raise requisition from departments level which in turn supplied by stores so that requisition line status will be closed?
You can use Oracle’s Move Order functionality for this.
1) The users create a move order. They list the Stores subinventory as source and their own subinventory as destination.
2) The move order is approved by the user or follows an approval workflow.
3) The approved move order goes to the stores manager.
4) The manager transacts it if the material is available. If material is not available, the Stores Manager creates a PO requisition and waits for the receipt of the material. Upon receipt, the manager transacts the move order.
5) The move order closes.
Hope this answers your question
Edited by: Sandeep Gandhi, Independent Consultant on Jan 18, 2010 11:02 AM
What is the use of purchase requisitons then if all this can be achieved by creating move orders and of those items in the move order arent available then create the PO, receive the PO items and transact the move order
What is the worth of a purchase requistiion then
I guess it varies from environment to environments..what say