2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2010 6:13 PM by Alberto Carmona

Did SemContext really has the ability to infer aditional information?

Alberto Carmona
      Hi,

In the article [Dive into Semantic Technologies: Security, Document Index, and Change Management | http://download.oracle.com/otndocs/tech/semantic_web/pdf/st_oow09_security.pdf], Aravind Yalamanchi & Bill Beauregard say:

+"SemContext Index - Additional Capabilities+

+...+

+- Abilitiy to infer additional information from the extracted metadata through inference.*+

+* Only Cross-Document Inference supported in 11.2"+

The problem is that I find no documentation which indicates how to perform inference using SemContext.

If anyone knows how to do it, I would appreciate some help.

Thank you.
        • 1. Re: Did SemContext really has the ability to infer aditional information?
          alwu-Oracle
          Hi,

The relevant inference API is sem_apis.create_entailment. It is documented. sem_contains is not for inferencing.

Also, there is a best practice document you may find useful.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/semantic_technologies/pdf/semantic_infer_bestprac_wp.pdf

Thanks,

Zhe Wu
          • 2. Re: Did SemContext really has the ability to infer aditional information?
            Alberto Carmona
            Hello, thank you very much for your response.

I found the link interesting, I consider some of them for when my project progressed.

Wanted to say that I could use the operator SEM_MATCH to query the RDF model which stores the triples extracted by an extractor during indexing of documents. In this model there is information on the outcome of indexing on the field CTXT2.

Now SEM_MATCH operator can use a user-defined rulebases. The only drawback is that I can not know from which triplets were reached because the parameter inference PROOF = T can not be used with user-defined rulebases.

Well, thanks again
            Alberto Carmona

Pd: The translation was made by Google Translator.