4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2010 10:26 PM by user87124

Oracle Workflows

user87124
      Hi Hussein:

Last month we had an intermittent issue where the requisition go to a deferred state or incomplete. We logged a TAR with oracle. After analysis oracle came back telling we need to apply patch 5389914. We applied the patch in Test and verified that file version changes for couple of files. We did'nt test the existing functionality in Test Environment in oversight. We applied this patch in production and notice that this patch installation actually wiped of the custom workflow for PO create Documents.We had to redo the whole customization again with what ever little documentation we had. Good news is that worked.

When going through this exercise I had a lot of learning. At the end of it I have a lot of questions to ask.

1. Where do the workflow files that we retrieve from the Oracle Workflow Builder get stored?

2. I know that the new patch that I applied updated the poxwfpoa.wft file. Is this the workflow file that we customize from workflow builder. Actually what is the importance of this file.

3. What is the importance of "Workflow Definitions Loader" concurrent Program? If I use the force option for this concurrent Program,
      It will load the workflow definitions to the database. If your answer to question 2 is 'Yes' then we are Ok. If not then it will erase all our customizations right?

Regards,

Bala
        • 1. Re: Oracle Workflows
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Hi Bala,
          1. Where do the workflow files that we retrieve from the Oracle Workflow Builder get stored?
          Not sure if I understand you correctly, are you referring to the location of *.wft files?
          2. I know that the new patch that I applied updated the poxwfpoa.wft file. Is this the workflow file that we customize from workflow builder. Actually what is the importance of this file.
          poxwfpoa.wft is the "Purchase Order Approval Workflow file". You should find a copy of this file you have which contains your custom code under the patch directory (backup directory).
          3. What is the importance of "Workflow Definitions Loader" concurrent Program? If I use the force option for this concurrent Program,
          It will load the workflow definitions to the database. If your answer to question 2 is 'Yes' then we are Ok. If not then it will erase all our customizations right?
          Please see (Note: 414601.1 - Documentation Update: Using the Workflow Definitions Loader for Standalone Oracle Workflow Release 2.6.4) which describes the importance of this concurrent program along with the different modes which can be passed to this request.

Regards,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Oracle Workflows
            user87124
            yes, I am talking about the .wft files.
            • 3. Re: Oracle Workflows
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Bala,

You can locate those files under $PRODUCT_TOP/patch/115/import/<LANG> directory.

Regards,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: Oracle Workflows
                user87124
                Ok. Thanks Hussein.

Regards,

Bala