This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2010 9:05 AM by 723876 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Peoplesoft CRM 9.1 with OVM templates
    Nicolas.Gasparotto Oracle ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    I think the Peoplesoft OVM as they are, are mostly for look and feel to be used by the key users of the business team (most likely, they are not hundreds).
    They are highly appreciate for the easy way to install, and almost costless, as well as to maintain. Customers are able to install a Peoplesoft DEMO environment without deep knowledge of Peoplesoft/Oracle administration. The Peoplesoft OVM are used as DEMO, and/or after few customizations as proof of concept, and no need high performance for that (wel,l it should be reasonable though), but it could also required some interconnection with other Peoplesoft modules like CRM to show the messaging process etc, and as long as there is no CRM template, then the question of the OP is very understandable.

Of course, to go further, e.g. more users, benchmarks, then some settings have to be changed or it goes to a separate install on a physical machine instead of VM. But then, a Peoplesoft admin have to play around, and this is no more costless.

Nicolas.
  • 16. Re: Peoplesoft CRM 9.1 with OVM templates
    723876 Explorer
    What is an OP?

I agree with the point that you have made. I would add that there is nothing to preclude the user (sys admin) from making customisations within a VM. These customisations could very well include tuning steps, hardening, addition of domain accounts, mounted file systems, 3rd party software, compiled COBOL etc. Once these customisations have been made the VM can be saved as a template in Oracle VM Manager. This saved template would become the Golden Image template for any new VMs to be created when seeking to scale the system.

This is a theoretical approach, it doesn't follow any steps that has been heard back from customers. However, this is an approach that is going to be recommended based upon guidelines from template customization by Oracle.

As you say, the current template is intended for DEMO purposes. It is expected to evolve to support more than a DEMO environment over the next year as I believe that Oracle VM template developers are ambitious to delivery production grade VM templates.
  • 17. Re: Peoplesoft CRM 9.1 with OVM templates
    Nicolas.Gasparotto Oracle ACE
    user721178 wrote:
    What is an OP?
    The OP is the Original Poster, person who started the discussion thread.
    As you say, the current template is intended for DEMO purposes. It is expected to evolve to support more than a DEMO environment over the next year as I believe that Oracle VM template developers are ambitious to delivery production grade VM templates.
    Thank you for your comment, that's rather interesting to know, looking forward the coming templates.

Best regards,

Nicolas.
  • 18. Re: Peoplesoft CRM 9.1 with OVM templates
    763490 Newbie
    Hi,
    How are you? I suppose you must have installed all the necessary software to run PeopleSoft...

I am also beginner like you, could you please help me out in suggesting the necessary softwares to be downloaded, I would like to take Peopletools 8.5, CRM 9.1 and database. so please advise,

thanks
    Mukesh
  • 19. Re: Peoplesoft CRM 9.1 with OVM templates
    723876 Explorer
    There is no PeopleSoft OVM Template for CRM. At present only PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 is available as an OVM Template. In order to run PeopleSoft CRM you must follow the traditional deployment steps for a PeopleSoft environment. Setting this up is certainly not a trivial set of steps. There are numerous setup steps from database to the web server. I would suggest looking at Oracle E-Delivery or trying a different forum that deals with deploying PeopleSoft in a conventional sense.
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points