nilesh_patel wrote:For a 1GB AMI, it is $0.15 / month.
To store AMI, S3 storage is needed which is extra charge.
- Create AMI using pubic imageThe pieces that you need to persist are the /etc/oratab, the (s)pfile and the passwordfile. You don't need to copy the whole ORACLE_HOME. You just have to fix up symbolic links on those two places in the OEL community AMI to point to your persistent copies on EBS.
- Create new volume using EBS
- Move Oracle binaries (ORACLE_BASE) to EBS
- Create database with all files on EBS (e.g. admin files, db files, ..)
- Backup .profile on EBS (which has ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID etc.)
- Terminate and recreate AMI
- Attach your EBS volume
- Delete pre-configured binaries and restore your .profile