3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2010 2:41 AM by Srini Chavali-Oracle

Oracle fields supported by MLS/NLS capabilities

user103610
      Which fields in R12 Procurement modules are supported by MLS/NLS? Example: iProcurement, Purchasing, iSupplier - requisition descriptions? supplier records? Any fields that would require dual or more language capabilities?

Any information regarding r12 non Procurement modules? Payables, Fixed Assets, Projects? Same questions..
        • 1. Re: Oracle fields supported by MLS/NLS capabilities
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          Welcome to the forums !

I do not believe you will find a document that gives you the detail you need. Some information may be present in the User or Implementation guides of the modules you mention. Most description fields in R12 are MLS capable. You will have to do some research on your own to figure this out.

393861.1 - Globalization Guide for Oracle Applications Release 12

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: Oracle fields supported by MLS/NLS capabilities
            user103610
            Hi Srini,

Thanks for the response. I will look through the user guides and implementation guides however just to clarify, you are saying that most Oracle form fields meaning user enterable fields have MLS/NLS capabilities..that data can be recorded in non English language and in some cases, another record for the same field but in a different language?
            • 3. Re: Oracle fields supported by MLS/NLS capabilities
              Srini Chavali-Oracle
              The way to determine if a certain field supports MLS is if the "globe" icon on the menu bar is enabled after placing the cursor in a form field. This assumes that more than 1 language has been enabled for the instance that has a UTF8 characterset. If the globe icon is enabled, then that field supports MLS.

601459.1 - CANNOT ENTER TRANSLATION AS THE GLOBE ICON IS DISABLED
              108522.1 - How An End User Can Switch To Another Installed Language in 11i ll.5.1 - UTF8

HTH
              Srini