5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2010 7:14 AM by 672451

How to point portal to Oracle database from pointbase database.

Hi All,

By default portal pointing to pointbase database. I am trying point portal to Oracle database.
      Can anyone provide steps for 1) How to point portal to Oracle database?
      2) What are the datasources that i have to modify?
      3) What database scripts should i run?
      4) After creating required database tables in oracle, should i have initial data on those table?

Thanks,
      Vissu
        • 1. Re: How to point portal to Oracle database from pointbase database.
          At what point do you want to do this?
          You can do this when you create your domain itself in the configuration wizard.

If you already have a domain and you want to change settings
          1.,2. Change all the datasources in console to point to your oracle(all of the portal onces neeed to be changed). Shut down the server
          3. Either use the domain config wizard or in your domain modify database.properties and run create_db.cmd . Earlier versions you needed Oracle client installed on the machine that you are running from , i dont know if thats still the case
          4. Depends. You would lose all the data your domain has (Any custom desktops, content management content, users created in your default realm). The domain will start up , whether you need to reinitialise is application specific
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to point portal to Oracle database from pointbase database.
            Hi Deepshet,

Thanks for your reply. I followed your steps. I successfully ran the create_db.cmd script. But I am not able to start the server. I got following exceptions when i start the server.

<<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1264728170239> <BEA-090082> <Security initializing using security realm myrealm.>
            ####<Jan 28, 2010 7:22:50 PM CST> <Error> <Security> <Pranav> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1264728170365> <BEA-000000> <[Security:090759]A SQLException occurred while retrieving password information
            java.sql.SQLException: Invalid table name "USERS" specified at position 23.
                 at com.pointbase.net.netJDBCPrimitives.handleResponse(DashoA13*..:335)
                 at com.pointbase.net.netJDBCPrimitives.handleJDBCObjectResponse(DashoA13*..:383)
                 at com.pointbase.net.netJDBCConnection.prepareStatement(DashoA13*..:545)
                 at weblogic.security.providers.authentication.DBMSSQLReadOnlyDatabaseConnectionImpl.getPreparedStatement(DBMSSQLReadOnlyDatabaseConnectionImpl.java:37)
                 at weblogic.security.providers.authentication.shared.DBMSSQLRuntimeQueryImpl.passwordStringQuery(DBMSSQLRuntimeQueryImpl.java:82)
                 at weblogic.security.providers.authentication.shared.DBMSSQLRuntimeQueryImpl.executeUserPassword(DBMSSQLRuntimeQueryImpl.java:72)
                 at weblogic.security.providers.authentication.shared.DBMSAtnLoginModuleImpl.authenticateDBMS(DBMSAtnLoginModuleImpl.java:667)
                 at weblogic.security.providers.authentication.shared.DBMSAtnLoginModuleImpl.login(DBMSAtnLoginModuleImpl.java:271)
                 at com.bea.common.security.internal.service.LoginModuleWrapper$1.run(LoginModuleWrapper.java:110)
                 at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                 at com.bea.common.security.internal.service.LoginModuleWrapper.login(LoginModuleWrapper.java:106)
                 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
                 at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(LoginContext.java:769)
                 at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000(LoginContext.java:186)
                 at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$4.run(LoginContext.java:683)
                 at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                 at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokePriv(LoginContext.java:680)
                 at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(LoginContext.java:579)
                 at com.bea.common.security.internal.service.JAASLoginServiceImpl.login(JAASLoginServiceImpl.java:93)
                 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                 at com.bea.common.security.internal.utils.Delegator$ProxyInvocationHandler.invoke(Delegator.java:57)
                 at $Proxy12.login(Unknown Source)
                 at weblogic.security.service.internal.WLSJAASLoginServiceImpl$ServiceImpl.login(Unknown Source)
                 at com.bea.common.security.internal.service.JAASAuthenticationServiceImpl.authenticate(JAASAuthenticationServiceImpl.java:82)
                 at com.bea.common.security.internal.utils.Delegator$ProxyInvocationHandler.invoke(Delegator.java:57)
                 at $Proxy38.authenticate(Unknown Source)
                 at weblogic.security.service.PrincipalAuthenticator.authenticate(Unknown Source)
                 at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.doBootAuthorization(Unknown Source)
                 at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initialize(Unknown Source)
                 at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(Unknown Source)
                 at weblogic.security.SecurityService.start(SecurityService.java:141)
                 at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemRequest.java:64)
                 at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:200)
                 at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:172)
            >
            ####<Jan 28, 2010 7:22:50 PM CST> <Critical> <Security> <Pranav> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1264728170443> <BEA-090402> <Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid; The user name and/or password from the boot identity file (boot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have been changed since the boot identity file was created. Please edit and update the boot identity file with the proper values of username and password. The first time the updated boot identity file is used to start the server, these new values are encrypted.>
            ####<Jan 28, 2010 7:22:50 PM CST> <Critical> <WebLogicServer> <Pranav> <AdminServer> <main> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1264728170443> <BEA-000386> <Server subsystem failed. Reason: weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid; The user name and/or password from the boot identity file (boot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have been changed since the boot identity file was created. Please edit and update the boot identity file with the proper values of username and password. The first time the updated boot identity file is used to start the server, these new values are encrypted.
            weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid; The user name and/or password from the boot identity file (boot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have been changed since the boot identity file was created. Please edit and update the boot identity file with the proper values of username and password. The first time the updated boot identity file is used to start the server, these new values are encrypted.
                 at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.doBootAuthorization(Unknown Source)
                 at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initialize(Unknown Source)
                 at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(Unknown Source)
                 at weblogic.security.SecurityService.start(SecurityService.java:141)
                 at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemRequest.java:64)
                 at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:200)
                 at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:172)

To fix "weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException", I modified boot.properties file with correct username and password. But it didn't work.
            To fix "java.sql.SQLException: Invalid table name "USERS" specified at position 23", I modified pointbase.ini file with correct database.home property value. But I got different exception(java.sql.SQLException: [Security:090735]The DBMS connection was not usable).

Please let me know why i am getting these exceptions ? Did I miss any other configurations?

Thanks,
            Vissu.
            • 3. Re: How to point portal to Oracle database from pointbase database.
              You are still using Pointbase

java.sql.SQLException: Invalid table name "USERS" specified at position 23.
              at com.pointbase.net.netJDBCPrimitives.handleResponse(DashoA13*..:335)
              at com.pointbase.net.netJDBCPrimitives.handleJDBCObjectResponse(DashoA13*..:383)
              at com.pointbase.net.netJDBCConnection.prepareStatement(DashoA13*..:545)

You need to check p13nDataSource (and all other datasources and change to oracle)

regards
              deepak
              • 4. Re: How to point portal to Oracle database from pointbase database.
                Hi Deepak,

Now i am able to run the server. But still I found some exceptions on server console.

<Jan 29, 2010 12:45:09 AM CST> <Error> <Deployer> <BEA-149205> <Failed to initialize the application 'portalDataSource' due to error weblogic.application.ModuleException: .
                weblogic.application.ModuleException:
                     at weblogic.jdbc.module.JDBCModule.prepare(JDBCModule.java:289)
                     at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.prepare(ModuleListenerInvoker.java:93)
                     at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow$1.next(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:360)
                     at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:26)
                     at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow.prepare(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:56)
                     Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
                weblogic.common.ResourceException: [BEA][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-12519 The listener could not find any available service handlers that are appropriate for the client connection. One possible cause for this error is that the server was not configured for the specified server type (shared/dedicated).
                     at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.XAConnectionEnvFactory.makeConnection(XAConnectionEnvFactory.java:440)
                     at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.XAConnectionEnvFactory.createResource(XAConnectionEnvFactory.java:140)
                     at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.makeResources(ResourcePoolImpl.java:1073)
                     at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.makeResources(ResourcePoolImpl.java:995)
                     at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.start(ResourcePoolImpl.java:214)
                     Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
                I got the same exception for other two data sources (portalDataSourceAlwaysXA, portalDataSourceNeverXA).
                I ran following script on my databse. But it didn't work.

ALTER SYSTEM SET PROCESSES = 200 SCOPE = SPFILE;
                ALTER SYSTEM SET SHARED_SERVERS = 3 SCOPE = SPFILE;
                ALTER SYSTEM SET SESSIONS = 100 SCOPE = SPFILE

above script i found in another thread in this forum for same problem.
                Can you plz help me how to fix this.

Thanks,
                Vissu.
                • 5. Re: How to point portal to Oracle database from pointbase database.
                  Did you configure the driver correctly for oracle (XA v/s non XA drivers are different)?
                  Also did you check the datasource when you created it and test it?
                  see also
                  http://www.dba-oracle.com/sf_ora_12519_tns_no_appropriate_service_handler_found.htm

If your parameters are correct youll need an oracle dba to help you debug..