This content has been marked as final. Show 8 replies
Hi,1 person found this helpful
Which version of FDM are you using?
Has Excel been installed on the server? (Does anyone know if Excel 2007 is supported or only 2003?)
Check if the file is being created (look in Outbox\Excel files).
If so, then check the settings in Internet Explorer, you might just have a notification bar on the top of your browser window coming up - in this case you need to click on this bar and select the option saying "Allow blocked content" or "download object" (or similar).
How do you export from Workbench?
Hope this can bring us one step closer...
thanks for your replay but I still have the problem...
The FDM Version is 9.3.1 while the Excel version on the server is 2003.
I tried to launch the export again but no bar has been shown and no files have been created.
I set the FDM page as Trusted Site and set the secuirty level as Low but with no results .
I tried to save the mapping files as .csv and then as .tra and now it seems to work: I can upload maps but I'm still not able to export and load other files like periods...
Is there, by chance, any specific script for the XLS managment that I could missing???
Make sure the ups* range in your XLS workbook is defined to include all rows you want to import, including the two header rows.
Please also be aware that XLS Import only adds records and does not update/overwrite what's already in there. If you want to change mappings/periods etc., you need to delete these records first and then add them again.
Export to XLS:
Your settings for export sound ok. Maybe there's an issue with the MIME Types on the web server - but I'm not too familiar with that, maybe someone else has an idea on this.
If you export to XLS a file should be created in Outbox\Excel (not during import, just want to make sure I'm clear on this).
The ups setting seems to include all the rows I want to import.
I tried to check the xml contains the MIME type settings but I found the extencion .xls and it seems to be set correctly.
At this point I have really no idea...
It sounds like you have an Excel add-in installed. Remove any Hyperion SmartView/Essbase Add-ins from the FDM Server Excel.
Start Excel it and ensure no add-ins are there then try your process again.
If the add-ins exist it will have the hang behavior your are describing.
FDM support team is top notch and the Metalink entries are really good also by the way.
John A. Booth
you're right I tried to perform the export and the import of XLS files in the Production environment where no add-in nor smartview are installed and it works.
I don't understand how Smartview can affect the FDQM normal functioning however...
Having add-ins on the FDM Server install is not a supported configuration. Other than it just doesn't work I can't tell you much more than that.
John A. Booth
I believe you can simply just un-register the excel add-in on the server and that should do the trick as well.