This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 8, 2010 5:07 AM by ferdydek RSS

License not compatible

750174 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
We have a Vista machine that we installed either version 5 or 6 on and soon found out that that version wasn't compatible with Vista. I've uninstalled that version, and installed the newest version, downloaded from Oracle. The problem is, after installing, when I run the program, it says that the license isn't compatible with that version of Contractor. I've gotten the correct license from Oracle, but anytime I try to update the license, the program still says the license isn't compatible with this version.

When it asks me to pick the license, it doesn't even recognize that an LDF file is a license file... I have to tell it to look for all files to make it show up.

Anyone have any ideas?
  • 1. Re: License not compatible
    ferdydek Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    I've found this on install guide.

Acquiring an Activation Key for Primavera Contractor
    Primavera Contractor includes a 45-day trial license in the installation. If you purchased a license for Primavera Contractor, you must obtain a permanent activation key from Oracle.
    Please request the permanent activation key by sending an email to licensecodes_ww@oracle.com. Include the following information:
    Licensed Product
    Company Name
    Customer Number
    3 Quick Install Guide
    CSI Number (if available)
    After validating your request, a permanent activation key will be provided within 24 hours.
    NOTE: You do not need to follow instructions in the Contractor Help or the Contractor Reference Manual for acquiring the activation key through registration of the product.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points