1 2 3 4 Previous Next 50 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2012 1:50 PM by Matthew Morris RSS

1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL

Hi,

I am Sameer Deshmukh from Pune, India. I have cleared the 1Z0-051: 11g SQL Fundamental paper. Now I am planning to give the 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL.

But I did not get any exam preparation material in the market.

Can you please let me know how should I do preparation for this exam? should i get some ebooks or books for this exam?

Is there books available for '1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL' in market published by oracle press or TMH?

Waiting for your valuable response.

Thanks
      -Sameer
        • 1. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
          user8275026 wrote:
          Hi,

I am Sameer Deshmukh from Pune, India. I have cleared the 1Z0-051: 11g SQL Fundamental paper. Now I am planning to give the 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL.

But I did not get any exam preparation material in the market.

Can you please let me know how should I do preparation for this exam? should i get some ebooks or books for this exam?

Is there books available for '1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL' in market published by oracle press or TMH?

Waiting for your valuable response.

Thanks
          -Sameer
          Ah ... i see you are in Maharashtra ... I hope to get back to you on this in a couple of hours .... rgds - bigdelboy.
          • 2. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
            For 1z0-144 as far as I know there is no helpful Oracle Press (or other) exam focused book available which directly focuses on a PL/SQL exam:

That means you will (probably) have to do a bit more work in preparation.

Generally Steven Feuerstein ISBN-13: 978-0596514464 Oracle PL/SQL Programming is probably the book to have on the bookshelf. (Best make sure of latest 11gR2 edition from about Sept 2009).

Be prepared to look up oracle on-line documentation as well. [http://tahiti.oracle.com]. Sometimes it is actually more understandable than text books (Those thinking of OCM should probably refer to Oracle Documentation first).

Work your notes from the certification topics page: [http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=41&;p_org_id=1080544&lang=US&p_exam_id=1Z0_144]

---

While not having exam focused books immediately available means more work in organizing your exam prep for PL/SQL this may not in fact be a bad thing. But it does mean a little more effort.

---

If your not familiar with PL/SQL at all it may be best to try to learn the basics without focusing on certification. This is a personal view of mine only.

---

In your searches You may see apparently easy material for this advertised on the internet by unscrupulous people (braindumps). Avoid these ... they are not good and regarded as cheating.

---

See also:
            [http://blogs.oracle.com/certification/2008/10/question_of_the_day_how_to_pre.html]
            [http://blogs.oracle.com/certification/2009/05/the_route_you_choose.html]

--- You may also take training at Oracle University or other quality institution.

(I am concerned that your post appears at about the same time as a post by a training provider in your area. Indeed I cannot dis-count there is a small possibility you have a linkage to that provider .... though the balance of probability is you do not and I have answered your post on the basis you have no such linkage).

Rgds -bigdelboy.
            • 3. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
              71Javelin
              I am studying for this exam myself. I have not found any exam guides for this test on the market anywhere, but I have been studying the 'Oracle Database PL/SQL Language Reference 11g (E10472-05)', available for download from Oracle, which seems to cover 95% of the OCA exam, and 50-70% of the OCP exam. What I see as missing from E10472 are discussions of needed permissions to create/execute various PL/SQL objects.
              • 4. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                user11999169 wrote:
                I am studying for this exam myself. I have not found any exam guides for this test on the market anywhere, but I have been studying the 'Oracle Database PL/SQL Language Reference 11g (E10472-05)', available for download from Oracle, which seems to cover 95% of the OCA exam, and 50-70% of the OCP exam. What I see as missing from E10472 are discussions of needed permissions to create/execute various PL/SQL objects.
                If working from Oracle Documentation you will need to refer to additional manuals as well for packages, particularly from [http://www.oracle.com/pls/db112/homepage] choose application development. In particular the 'PL/SQL Packages and Types Reference ' should I would imagine prove useful. You might find useful things from [http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/pl_sql/index.html] and [http://www.oracle.com/oramag/index.html] allso.
                • 5. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                  Hi Sameer,

I am also looking for 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL study material.

Are you able to find it?

Can you give me your contact details so that we can discuss?

I am based in Delhi.

My details are as under - [email address removed by moderator for security purposes]

Thanks,
                  Vishal

Edited by: Certification Forum Moderator on May 14, 2010 11:26 AM
                  • 6. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                    user12974156 wrote:
                    Hi Sameer,

I am also looking for 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL study material.

Are you able to find it?

Can you give me your contact details so that we can discuss?

I am based in Delhi.

My details are as under - XXXXXXXXXXXXl@hotmail.com

Thanks,
                    Vishal
                    I can understand difficulties for people looking for 1z0-144 material.

However a new oracle SSO registrant looking for 1z0-144 material privately unshared off forum leads IMHO to strong probabilty of a desire to share/sell unauthorised learning material.

I again need to put the reference to http://blogs.oracle.com/certification/2009/05/the_route_you_choose.html for the second time in this thread.

Sigh.
                    • 7. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                      Hi bigdelboy ,

First of all well done... i read your posts...you are doing a great job....

and now comes my question:)

I cleared 1z0 - 051 and now looking forward to 1z0-144. I tried to find books aimed at this exam but was not successfull.

So, do we have some new book aimed on this Exam(or aimed on 147). I reffered previous posts but was wondering if you come accross any new thing in past 3 months. :)

Thanks,
                      Moksha
                      • 8. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                        ..... I tried to find books aimed at this exam but was not successfull.

So, do we have some new book aimed on this Exam(or aimed on 147). I reffered previous posts but was wondering if you come accross any new thing in past 3 months. :)
                        I haven't seen anything new in the past 3 months in the way of an exam-focused PL/SQL book. So I think it really means doing it the hard way from the exam topics. Perhaps that is a good thing in many ways.
                        • 9. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                          Hi ,
                          We dont have any specific exam guide for 144, but since this exam is an extension or for that matter covers 11g ..it has little more topics than for 9i plsql exam 147 . If you go through the syllabus for the exam , few additional topics are required . The best possible guide I would say is oracle plsql 11g release 1 material . It covers all the topics . Alternatively we can also look at a old exam guide (that covers both sql and plsql as exam topic probably 131..not sure ).

I am still in process of compiling my own question bank so that it cover all the topics in exam as well as for my own work .

Thanks
                          Bikash
                          • 10. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                            Hi 71Javelin,

Could you please let me know where I can download the book 'Oracle Database PL/SQL Language Reference 11g (E10472-05)' from.

Thanks,
                            Rakesh
                            • 11. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                              AHS
                              Hi,

here is the url of the reference:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e10472.pdf

good luck
                              • 12. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                                And the book Oracle Database 11g: PL/SQL Programming by Michael McLaughlin (Oracle Press)?
                                • 13. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                                  Hi,

I'm not really sure if I can post here the e-book version of Oracle PL/SQL Programming, Fifth Edition mentioned by bigdelboy. Details of the media are:

English | 1226 pages | O'Reilly Media, Inc.; 5 edition (October 1, 2009) | ISBN: 0596514468 | PDF | 15 MB

*@ bigdelboy: I totally agree that this book by Steven Feuerstein is the definitive reference on PL/SQL, considered throughout the database community to be the best Oracle programming book available. I know I can't post the link here, what a pity..*
                                  Edit: Also check this link and make sure you take the exam before 30th sept 2010. http://blogs.oracle.com/certification/2010/06/0291.html

I think, I may send you the link if you can give me your e-mail ID here.
                                  • 14. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                                    AHS
                                    Sree wrote:
                                    Edit: Also check this link and make sure you take the exam before 30th sept 2010. http://blogs.oracle.com/certification/2010/06/0291.html
                                    I am scheduled for 1z0-144 exam on next october. and I have checked the url:and found its about the 1z0-114 exam.

So, you please clarify your sentence.

Besides, if there is any recommended reference or testengine for 1z0-144: Oracle database 11g program with PL/SQL, i would appreciate if you shared them with me.

Thank you
                                    1 2 3 4 Previous Next