1 2 3 4 Previous Next 50 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2012 1:50 PM by Matthew Morris Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
        Hello Sameer,

Can you please give me your contact number.
        I'm in pune as well and would be appearing for the same certification,

Thanks for your help.
        Regards,
        Rohan
        • 16. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
          I'm sorry about the incorrect info there...I was too lame to check the exam code correctly...Thanks for correcting...If you can post your e-mail ID here, I shall post you the megaupload link for the book I mentioned..

Regards
          • 17. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
            AHS
            hi,

thank you .

I would appreciate it if you send it to me at : [email address removed by moderator for security purposes]

would you please specify whether i can rely on it (what you'll send me) solely, or do i need another reference??

if it's possible to give your reviews about testengines in this forum, what do you think about ucertify ???

thanks again. I appreciate it very much...

Edited by: Certification Forum Moderator on Sep 16, 2010 1:07 PM
            • 18. 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
              Me writing certification for 11g pl/sql. Give me advise to buy a book.

Me want to buy the book named *11g PL/SQL Programming*. Is this book is enough to get certification. Give me an advice...
              • 19. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                794954 wrote:
                Me writing certification for 11g pl/sql. Give me advise to buy a book.

Me want to buy the book named *11g PL/SQL Programming*.
                If you mean the book *11g PL/SQL Programming by Michael McLaughlin*, then I'd say, go for it as it is one of the books recommended by oracle. You can find the list of the book here:
                http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/plsql/index.html

I personally recommend Oracle PL / SQL Programming by Steven Feuerstein (Check the inside of the book here ) and Expert Oracle Database Architecture: Oracle Database Programming 9i, 10g, and 11g Techniques and Solutions, Second Edition by Thomas Kyte (Check the inside of the book here )

Is this book is enough to get certification. Give me an advice...
                Yes, these books along with a lot of practice are more than enough for clearing the certification. Also see prev posts for further info.

Edit:+ Forgot to mention that I also found this book very interesting.
                http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0072193360/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link

Regards,
                Sree

Edited by: Sree on 15-Sep-2010 09:14
                • 20. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                  AHS wrote:
                  hi,

thank you .

I would appreciate it if you send it to me at : [email address removed by moderator for security purposes]
                  Link posted..
                  would you please specify whether i can rely on it (what you'll send me) solely, or do i need another reference??
                  I really can't say that this is the only point of reference, however, this is considered to be one of the best books for study. I'd never suggest you to use braindumps, they are just to cheat yourself and oracle to score, knowlwdge is important.
                  if it's possible to give your reviews about testengines in this forum, what do you think about ucertify ???
                  Honestly, I never used test engines for any practice tests or their so called testing software. I can just guess that they might be quite closer to braindumps(with an interface as an addition). I would suggest you open a new thread to know about the test engines from bigdelboy and others.

Edited by: Certification Forum Moderator on Sep 16, 2010 1:08 PM
                  • 21. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                    me 2 tacking the same exam. i have confusion to buy the book for the certification. Which publishers book i have to buy. Is it PHI,Oracle Press, Apress, O'Reliy or any other. Please give me best advice to buy a best book.

Thaks in advance
                    • 22. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                      What a mess¡ I think someone from oracle would have to clarify this.
                      • 23. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                        Brandye Barrington-Oracle
                        To prepare for the exam, we recommend the Oracle University training course accompanied by practice and study. We don't endorse any specific book. Gathering opinions on a forum is a good way to find out what books others have found helpful.

Just a clarification on the books in question:
                        Some of these books are published by Oracle Press, others by other publishers.
                        They aren't the Oracle Press exam prep books, but rather just books about the technology written to help people learn & do their jobs better.
                        There are also Oracle Press exam prep books, which contain the words 'Exam Guide' in the title, but these are not created by the exam developers. They are developed by Oracle Press with the intention of helping candidates prepare for exams, but remember that exams can be and are updated all the time, so these books may not be totally in sync with exams. There is not a very current one for PL/SQL right now.

Regards,
                        Brandye Barrington
                        Certification Forum Moderator
                        • 24. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                          Hi Sameer,

I am also looking for 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL study material.

Are you able to find it?

Can you give me your contact details so that we can discuss?

I am based in Jaipur.
                          my contact detail is name : rahul gupta
                          email id : [email address removed by moderator for security purposes]
                          plz help me for this exam

thanx.

Edited by: Certification Forum Moderator on Dec 21, 2010 10:01 AM
                          • 25. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                            this link is not opening
                            • 26. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                              Hi Sammer ,

I am also from Pune ,Maharashtra.
                              I am also planning to give the "1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL" certification exam.
                              Could you please help me in how should I go about this exam?
                              Do you have any dumps related to this exam or study material. Any help is kindly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
                              Waiting for your reply.

If possible ,please give me your email address.

Best Regards,
                              Snehal
                              • 27. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                                Aman....
                                Snehal,

My reply is certainly not going of the same excellent quality as of Bigdelboy's reply. So just my 2 cents quickly.
                                I am also planning to give the "1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL" certification exam.
                                Could you please help me in how should I go about this exam?
                                If you would look in the starting of this thread which has a very good reply from Bigdelboy. It starts from saying that there is no official book for the mentioned exam code( I believe it holds true even now at the moment of this writeup too). He has mentioned books from Stenven Feurestien which are excellent for PL/SQL. Other than that, I would suggest you to take a note of the exam contents and prepare for the same using the official Pl/Sql documentation from http://tahiti.oracle.com .
                                Do you have any dumps related to this exam or study material. Any help is kindly appreciated.
                                You must know that any unauthorized sharing of study material which is copyrighted and/or use of braindumps which are not from oracle's approved vendors like SelftestSoftware etc is not the right way to go forward. Please don't ask for it. Take your time, prepare well and write the exam.

Good luck!
                                Aman....
                                • 28. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                                  Thanks for the certification forum moderator for providing with this information.

However the problem most of the people visiting this forum have is that an Oracle University Training Course is a way too expensive option to take. I acknowledge the fact that good things costs more but IMHO not everybody would be able to do that. Thus the need for one/two good books that covers the exam topics.

Going further on the subject of books, the main advantage I see in exam prep books are that they define boundaries for the exam topics, stating how deep a particular exam topic is evaluated in the exam. For example, given an exam topic, the oracle documentation would cover every aspect of it. This is actually expected in a technical documentation but a candidate would only be needing the most basic knowledge on it for the exam. In contrast, the exam prep book would state the depth of knowledge we need to poses on the exam topic. This is really useful.

When you take each exam topic that a candidate is expected to cover in order to pass the exam, most of them could be classified as a subject area of their own. Hence a guide that would define their boundaries would come in handy.

The other advantages with exam prep books are the practice exercises and stating of common pitfalls etc. But that would not be a serious issue for a candidate who has properly covered the exam topics.
                                  • 29. Re: 1Z0-144: 11g Program with PL/SQL
                                    Brandye Barrington-Oracle
                                    We specifically do not create exam prep books because we do not teach to the exam. There is so much more to being certified than just being able to pass the exam. If we created exam prep guides, that helped candidates specifically prepare for exams, candidates would be tempted to use only those guides to prepare for the exams and potentially miss out on a wealth of information and skills that they could gather from consulting multiple resources - including books, training and experience. We would be doing candidates a disservice to only "teach to the exam" with an exam prep guide because it is not real-world. Candidates may be able to prepare for an exam based on us providing the information that is on the exam, but then not have the skills or experience necessary to actually perform on the job. We have received many comments over the years that the most valuable part of the certification process for candidates is the process of preparing for the exam.

Certification is a combination of training and experience that culminates in the ability to pass an exam that we provide. The value in certification is not in the ability to pass an exam, it is in the knowledge and skills gathered through exam preparation. While we understand that it would be easier for candidates to prepare for an exam if they had a guide to tell them what was on the exam, candidates find that they are actually more prepared for a job by using various resources to prepare.

Thanks for your comments and feedback.
                                    Regards,
                                    Brandye Barrington
                                    Certification Forum Moderator