3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2010 9:05 AM by user5429538

Data Execution Prevention ( DEP ) WINDOWS IE8

user5429538
      HI
      I AM GEETING ERROR Data Execution Prevention ( DEP ) WHILE USING FORMS APPLICATION IN IE8 BROWSER .

IF I DISABLE DEP SETTING IN BOOT.INI IT WORKS....MY PROBLEM WITHOUT DISABLEING DEP HOW FORM APPLICATION CAN WORK..???

IS THERE ANY WAY ?

THANKS AND REGDS
      SANTOSH
        • 1. Re: Data Execution Prevention ( DEP ) WINDOWS IE8
          Sarah
          hi

try something like this i hope it helps u.
          1. Open Internet Explorer 8
          2. Go to Tools, Internet Options
          3. Click on the Advanced tab.
          4. Scroll down into the Security section and find “Enable memory protection to help mitigate online attacks”.
          5. Uncheck “Enable memory protection to help mitigate online attacks”.
          6. Click Ok and Ok again.
          7. Reboot your computer.
          sarah
          • 2. Re: Data Execution Prevention ( DEP ) WINDOWS IE8
            Michael Ferrante-Oracle
            First, it is important to understand that this issue has nothing to do with Oracle and specifically Forms. This is a security mechanism in the OS/browser.

You do not need to edit the boot.ini to disable DEP. You can change it as follows:

Right click My Computer > Advanced > Performance Settings... > Data Execution Prevention

Click on the radio button labeled "*Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only*". Click on OK to accept the changes (if any).

The alternative, if you want DEP on for ALL programs and services, you will need to add javaw.exe to the exception list.

There have been reports which suggest that if you disable (uncheck) the browser setting "Enable third-party extensions" you may also get it working. I would not rely on this option. Disabling DEP is the correct way to deal with this since it is DEP causing the problem in the first place.
            1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Data Execution Prevention ( DEP ) WINDOWS IE8
              user5429538
              thank you

i will try it and let you know....

regds
              santosh