This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2010 12:10 AM by Nicolas.Gasparotto RSS

Error in Running Cobol program in PeopleSoft OVM

chrisancheta Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
This post is related to [Compiling COBOLs in PSOVM - psrun.mak error - “cob64: can not execute Id”. |http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1023864&tstart=0]

Just creating a new post since I already tagged the previous post as answered.

After running the psrun.mak successfully, I tried to test by running a COBOL program (GPPDPRUN ) from Calculate Absence and Payroll by choosing identify option. The status in the process scheduler went to error and the log says

PSRUN: error while loading shared libraries: libcobrts64.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Below is the log when I run my psrun.mak

root@pshcm91ab etc# vi cobopt
root@pshcm91ab etc# vi cobopt64
root@pshcm91ab etc# cd $PS_HOME/setup
root@pshcm91ab setup# ./psrun.mak
+./psrun.mak - linking PSRUN ...+
+./psrun.mak - linking PSRUN for oel-5-x86_64, Version 2.6.18-92.0.0.0.1.el5xen ...+
+./psrun.mak - Successfully created PSRUN in directory: /opt/oracle/psft/appbatch/tools/bin+
+./psrun.mak - linking PSRUNRMT ...+
+./psrun.mak - linking PSRUNRMT for oel-5-x86_64, Version 2.6.18-92.0.0.0.1.el5xen ...+
+./psrun.mak - Successfully created PSRUNRMT in directory: /opt/oracle/psft/appbatch/tools/bin+
root@pshcm91ab setup#
Thanks,
Chris
  • 1. Re: Error in Running Cobol program in PeopleSoft OVM
    chrisancheta Newbie
    I was able to find the solution for this error in metalink [https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&id=660015.1]
    However, I got another error. See below.

I think PSOVM is in Unicode but I compiled my COBOL as non unicode. This is because there's no unicode.cfg in $PS_HOME/setup. Can I just create a dummy file unicode.cfg so that pscbl.mak will compile the COBOL as unicode?

Is there workaround on this? Thanks.

DB Type:[ORACLE | DB2ODBC | INFORMIX |
             DB2400 | DB2UNIX | SYBASE |
             MICROSFT]:ORACLE

Database:[HCM91   ]:HCM91

Username:[PS                            ]:PS

Password:[********]:

Run Control ID[        ]: hcm91

Process Instance:[0]:830

SQL Trace:[0]:

DB Flag:[0]:0

Application Program Failed
    Action Type : SQL CONNEC
    In Pgm Section : SQLRT:GG100 SQL-CONNECT
    With Return Code: 09977
    Error Message : SQLRT: Attempting to use Ansi API for a Unicode DB

Application Program Failed
    In Pgm Section : GPPDPRUN: BD000-CONNECT-TO-DBMS
    With Return Code: 09977
    Error Message : SQLRT: Attempting to use Ansi API for a Unicode DB

PTPSQLRT - Error Encountered
    No longer have connection to DB due to an error from previous
    action: SQL CONNEC. Bypassing current action: SQL SELECT.
    Terminating Program.
  • 2. Re: Error in Running Cobol program in PeopleSoft OVM
    chrisancheta Newbie
    Hi Nicolas,
    I fixed the error myself. Since pscbl.mak looks for the $PS_HOME/setup/unicode.cfg that is not present in the PSOVM, I created a dummy unicode.cfg file with nothing on it. Rerun the psrun.mak, then finally got a success on the COBOL process. Just wanted to confirm if this is correct? Or should I install PS9.1 on a different machine so I can get the unicode.cfg? Or if you have the correct one , could be please post the contents of the unicode.cfg?
    Thanks,
    Chris
  • 3. Re: Error in Running Cobol program in PeopleSoft OVM
    Nicolas.Gasparotto Oracle ACE
    I've no access to the Peoplesoft OVM database right now, but I think the database is delivered in unicode.
    You could check it by running the following query, it should return 1 if unicode :
    select unicode_enabled from psstatus;
    And here the file you're looking for :
    # more unicode.cfg
    [Unicode]
    UNICODE = 1
    Funny enough, the doc [Peoplesoft OVM|http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E16260_01/psft/acrobat/OVM_WhitePaper_1009.pdf] says :
    "+Although COBOL source code is provided with the template, *it is necessary to compile the COBOL source* before it can be used in the VM.+
    +...+
    +There is nothing to preclude you from completely reconfiguring the templates to add customer data, additional security, *compiled COBOL* etc...+"
    But apparently compile and use Cobol is not without some effort and reconfiguration (including additional RPM packages, and file creation).
    Once every is done and working, you may want to create a "golden image" for reference.

Nicolas.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points