This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2010 9:24 AM by MarcelMertin RSS

NodeManger Configuration

MarcelMertin Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hey together,

we could successfully install aia with a little work around. May be somebody can help us to configure NodeManager right.

First I will explain our configuration and tests. Then I will descripte the little workaround.

We try different NodeManager configure.
1) we set StartScriptEnable to true and try to start soa_server1 with Administration Console. It's not able to start managed server. We get the error "FAILED_NOT_RESTARTABLE"
2) we put boot.properties to security folder of managed server (SOA, OER, BAM) and we could start managed server from Console. State of the server is RUNNING, but LAST ACTION is TASK IN PROGRESS.
3) Another configuration is that we set StartScriptEnable to false and no boot.properties. It's a curious situation, Administration Console show RUNNING and TASK COMPLETED, but EM show soa_server and all depolyments are down.

With the 1 and 2 configuration we could not install aia (Error in Deploy Application Configuration - Step 3 of Deployments). With the third we find a workaround.

Workaround:
Start all servers with script. Then start aia setup and we pass the Deploy Application Configuration and get an Error in Deploy Application Deployments. Now we shutdown the soa_server manualy and restart the server with script (or even faster set state from STARTING to RUNNING in soa_server1.state)

Have anybody a solution for the nodemanger configuration? We have extend the soa_domain with OER. You find logfiles and screenshots here: [Log and Screens|http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4274798/AIA-EAP/NodeManager_Issue.zip]

Regards from Karlsruhe
Marcel

PS: I post a thread in public forum too.

Edited by: Marcel Mertin on 18.02.2010 11:45
  • 1. Re: NodeManger Configuration
    user613295 Newbie
    Hi martin,
    I am facing a issue on installing AIA3.0, I use windows2003 server, database11g.
    I have installed soa11g and tried to install AIA3.0 on top of that but in the step 3 of installation after we give the details of soa_server, it prompts for nodemanager window, I gave the admin user name password, but it failed and displays either Nodemanager is down or Usernamepassword is wrong.
    I check for the Nodemanager its reachable and i changed the nm_properties with username and password element with values instead of hastset.
    But still I faces the same issue. Can you please let me know ur ideas on that.

Thanks
  • 2. Re: NodeManger Configuration
    MarcelMertin Newbie
    Hello,

i have no ideas. Check the nodemanger.log if there is an exception. I think this is another problem, I could pass step 3 successfully as the nodemanage is reachable.

- Marcel
  • 3. Re: NodeManger Configuration
    user613295 Newbie
    Hi Marcel,

Can you please let me know higlevel configuration setup have you done in installing SOA 11g and Whether you start the node manager while installing AIA3.0 on SOA 11g.
    Coz my Node Manager is reachable and If I try AIA3.0 on the runninf soa_server, the node manager gives error like :
    <Feb 11, 2010 5:01:05 AM> <WARNING> <I/O error while reading domain directory>
    java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
    at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.canonicalize0(Native Method)
    at java.io.Win32FileSystem.canonicalize(Win32FileSystem.java:396)
    at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(File.java:559)
    at weblogic.nodemanager.server.NMServer.getDomainManager(NMServer.java:252)
    at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Handler.handleDomain(Handler.java:218)
    at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Handler.handleCommand(Handler.java:108)
    at weblogic.nodemanager.server.Handler.run(Handler.java:70)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Thanks
    Sanjay

Edited by: user613295 on Feb 22, 2010 2:19 AM
  • 4. Re: NodeManger Configuration
    MarcelMertin Newbie
    Hello Sanjay,

I install soa with default configurations. After installation I configure the domain without extend configuration steps. I do nothing special in my installation or configuration steps. After create the soa domain I install OER and extend the existing SOA Domain.

The exceptions seems that you have a problem with your domain configuration. Check the nodemanger.domains file. Is the domain the same you create for soa?

Marcel
  • 5. Re: NodeManger Configuration
    user613295 Newbie
    ya, i check its all the same. Because while installing AIA3.0 after we enter the credentials of Node manager, it errored out like : Either Nodemanager is down or username or password is wrong"
  • 6. Re: NodeManger Configuration
    668819 Newbie
    Hi Sanjay,
    This is what I mentioned in another thread "AIA3.0 Installation Error" in this forum

"
    Could you please provide the entire log..
    A few lines (in the log) before the part that you have pasted, you should find the domain directory.
    The log that you pasted complains that the domain directory is not found. So we need to see what domain directory is being looked for vs. what is present in reality.

In addition to the above, I want to know what command your are using to start your nodemanager
    Are you providing additional parameters ListenAddress and ListenPort when starting the node manager as mentioned in the latest Installation guide.

Also, Navigate to the weblogic console, click Machines, Nodemanager and ensure that the listen address and listen port are correct.

Finally, can you please introduce yourself and the name of the organization that you work for. This can help us understand which customer is facing issues and where in the Installation phase you are.

Thanks
    Arvind
    "
  • 7. Re: NodeManger Configuration
    MarcelMertin Newbie
    Hello Arvind,

have you any ideas or a solution for my problem? The last action state not change to "TASK COMPLETED" and I must do a workaround during aia installation.

Regards from Karlsruhe
    Marcel
  • 8. Re: NodeManger Configuration
    user613295 Newbie
    Hi Arvind,

I m working as a Integration developer in an anti-virus company.
    Below are my configurations

************nodemanager.properties*********
    #Fri Feb 19 02:51:19 PST 2010
    DomainsFile=E\:\\Oracle\\MIDDLE~1\\WLSERV~1.3\\common\\NODEMA~1\\nodemanager.domains
    LogLimit=0
    PropertiesVersion=10.3
    javaHome=E\:\\Oracle\\MIDDLE~1\\JDK160~1.5-3
    AuthenticationEnabled=true
    NodeManagerHome=E\:\\Oracle\\MIDDLE~1\\WLSERV~1.3\\common\\NODEMA~1
    JavaHome=E\:\\Oracle\\MIDDLE~1\\JDK160~1.5-3\\jre
    LogLevel=INFO
    DomainsFileEnabled=true
    StartScriptName=startWebLogic.cmd
    ListenAddress=
    NativeVersionEnabled=true
    ListenPort=5556
    LogToStderr=true
    SecureListener=true
    LogCount=1
    StopScriptEnabled=false
    QuitEnabled=false
    LogAppend=true
    StateCheckInterval=500
    CrashRecoveryEnabled=true
    StartScriptEnabled=true
    LogFile=E\:\\Oracle\\MIDDLE~1\\WLSERV~1.3\\common\\NODEMA~1\\nodemanager.log
    LogFormatter=weblogic.nodemanager.server.LogFormatter
    ListenBacklog=50
    *******************************************************************************************
    ********************nodemanger.log********************************************************
    <Feb 19, 2010 8:04:46 AM> <INFO> <aia_domain> <soa_server1> <Server output log file is 'E:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\aia_domain\servers\soa_server1\logs\soa_server1.out'>
    <Feb 19, 2010 9:23:18 AM> <WARNING> <I/O error while reading domain directory>
    java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

<Feb 19, 2010 9:23:25 AM> <WARNING> <I/O error while reading domain directory>

<Feb 19, 2010 9:23:38 AM> <WARNING> <I/O error while reading domain directory>
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!nodemanager.domains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#
    #Fri Feb 19 03:08:45 PST 2010
    "aia_domain=E\:\\Oracle\\Middleware\\user_projects\\domains\\aia_domain"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I am using the same domain aia_domain.

Thanks
    Sanjay

Edited by: user613295 on Feb 22, 2010 2:59 AM
  • 9. Re: NodeManger Configuration
    user613295 Newbie
    And I start up the nodemanager normally, just startNodemanager.cmd.
    And it pics all the port address from the property file
  • 10. Re: NodeManger Configuration
    668819 Newbie
    I think we have 2 questions in the same thread

@Sanjay

A. Can you also provide the .out file for the last AIA Installation attempt available at X:\Program Files\Oracle\Inventory\logs
    B. Can you test if nmconnet works using WLST
    1.start the ADMIN SERVER

2.start the WLST
    java weblogic.WLST

3.Connect to AdminServer
    connect('username',password','t3://adminhost:listenport')
    example: connect('weblogic','weblogic','t3://localhost:7001')

4.start the nodemanager in WLST
    startNodeManager()

5.connect to nodemanager
    nmConnect('username','password','nodemanagerhost','nodemanagerlistenport','domainname','path to domain','type')
    example: nmConnect('weblogic', 'weblogic', 'localhost', '5556', 'mydomain','c:/Middleware/user_projects/domains/mydomain','ssl')

6.start the managed server in WLST
    start('managedservername','Type','t3://managedhost:listenport')
    example:start('man1','Server','t3://localhost:7003')

C. Can you open system MBean browser from em and navigate to your server and check the domain configuration for your domain. Check the value of root directory parameter and verify if it is correct
  • 11. Re: NodeManger Configuration
    668819 Newbie
    Hi Marcel,
    Give us some more time as we investigate with the WLS team on why this occurs.
    For now can almost tell for sure that using option 3 is not appropriate.

Arvind
  • 12. Re: NodeManger Configuration
    MarcelMertin Newbie
    Hi Arvid,

but with option 3 it is possible to install aia ;-)
    Another workaround is a "normal" nodemanger configuration with StartScriptEnable=true and boot.properties, and manually set soa_server1.state to RUNNING.

I hope you find a solution. May be the extending of soa_domain with OER break the nodemanger configuration?

Regards
    Marcel
  • 13. Re: NodeManger Configuration
    user613295 Newbie
    hi Arvind

These logs are from X:\Program Files\Oracle\Inventory\logs .out

Property File location: E:\SOA11g_Setup\aiasetup17th\cd\Disk1\install\win32\aiaoneclick.properties
    Item State: javax.swing.JComboBox[,170,52,262x18,invalid,layout=com.jgoodies.looks.plastic.PlasticComboBoxUI$PlasticComboBoxLayoutManager,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,border=,flags=4194632,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=,isEditable=true,lightWeightPopupEnabled=true,maximumRowCount=8,selectedItemReminder=AIA3_0]
    Path:
    Item State: javax.swing.JComboBox[,170,52,262x18,invalid,layout=com.jgoodies.looks.plastic.PlasticComboBoxUI$PlasticComboBoxLayoutManager,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,border=,flags=4194632,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=,isEditable=true,lightWeightPopupEnabled=true,maximumRowCount=8,selectedItemReminder=AIA3_0]
    Path:
    Item State: javax.swing.JComboBox[,170,82,262x18,invalid,layout=com.jgoodies.looks.plastic.PlasticComboBoxUI$PlasticComboBoxLayoutManager,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,border=,flags=4194632,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=,isEditable=true,lightWeightPopupEnabled=true,maximumRowCount=8,selectedItemReminder=E:\AIA3_0]
    Home:
    Item State: javax.swing.JComboBox[,170,82,262x18,invalid,layout=com.jgoodies.looks.plastic.PlasticComboBoxUI$PlasticComboBoxLayoutManager,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,border=,flags=4194632,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=,isEditable=true,lightWeightPopupEnabled=true,maximumRowCount=8,selectedItemReminder=E:\AIA3_0]
    Home:
    In processFieldStringAIA Home
    In processFieldStringJAVA HOME
    In processFieldStringAIA Home Path
    In processFieldStringAIA Instance Name Contains invalid characters
    getting root directory

E:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\aia_domain
    falsevalue for type of install
    Domain Root: E:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\aia_domain
    Line from file set WL_HOME=E:\Oracle\Middleware\wlserver_10.3
    *****Web Logic Home: E:\Oracle\Middleware\wlserver_10.3

LocalMachine
    Connecting to Node Manager ...
    <Feb 22, 2010 4:59:16 AM PST> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090898> <Ignoring the trusted CA certificate "CN=T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 3,OU=T-Systems Trust Center,O=T-Systems Enterprise Services GmbH,C=DE". The loading of the trusted certificate list raised a certificate parsing exception PKIX: Unsupported OID in the AlgorithmIdentifier object: 1.2.840.113549.1.1.11.>
    Either the password and username entered are incorrect or the node manager is down
    Traceback (innermost last):
    File "<string>", line 1, in ?
    File "<iostream>", line 123, in nmConnect
    File "<iostream>", line 618, in raiseWLSTException
    WLSTException: Error occured while performing nmConnect : Cannot connect to Node Manager. : I/O error while reading domain directory
    Use dumpStack() to view the full stacktrace
    In doCancel method ...
    Yes option....
    outputFile:C:\Program Files\Oracle\Inventory\logs\installProfile2010-02-22_04-56-16AM.log
    in writeProfile method..
    Calling OUI Exit Operations Here.
    [ENGINE] Adding C:\DOCUME~1\ssuresh1\LOCALS~1\Temp\1\OraInstall2010-02-22_04-56-16AM for deletion.rt

And I am able to connect through WLST to server and can start node manager.
    One I found was, the domain path with forward slashes was not accepting and errored out. so i have given the backward('/') slashes and it was connecting though nmConnect.
    I guess this is the issue while installing AIA3.0 also. because in the Logs it says invalid character with the domain location.
    I have changed the location with backward slashes in almost all the properties files. but still it resultsa in same error.

Thanks
    Sanjay
  • 14. Re: NodeManger Configuration
    712626 Newbie
    Sanjay and I work in the same team. My name is Venki Raman. We will continue using this thread

Few lines before the error that I posted earlier.
    ------------------
    <Feb 11, 2010 12:42:01 AM> <INFO> <Secure socket listener started on port 5,556>
    <Feb 11, 2010 1:04:52 AM> <INFO> <Loading domains file: E:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\common\nodemanager\nodemanager.domains>
    <Feb 11, 2010 1:04:53 AM> <WARNING> <Domains file not found: E:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\common\nodemanager\nodemanager.domains>
    <Feb 11, 2010 1:05:00 AM> <INFO> <Loading identity key store: FileName=E:/Oracle/MIDDLE~1/WLSERV~1.3/server\lib\DemoIdentity.jks, Type=jks, PassPhraseUsed=true>
    <Feb 11, 2010 1:05:00 AM> <INFO> <Loaded node manager configuration properties from 'E:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\common\nodemanager\nodemanager.properties'>
    <Feb 11, 2010 1:05:07 AM> <INFO> <Secure socket listener started on port 5,556>
    <Feb 11, 2010 1:15:58 AM> <INFO> <Loading domains file: E:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\common\nodemanager\nodemanager.domains>
    <Feb 11, 2010 1:15:59 AM> <WARNING> <Domains file not found: E:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\common\nodemanager\nodemanager.domains>
    <Feb 11, 2010 1:16:02 AM> <INFO> <Loading identity key store: FileName=E:/Oracle/MIDDLE~1/WLSERV~1.3/server\lib\DemoIdentity.jks, Type=jks, PassPhraseUsed=true>
    <Feb 11, 2010 1:16:02 AM> <INFO> <Loaded node manager configuration properties from 'E:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\common\nodemanager\nodemanager.properties'>
    <Feb 11, 2010 1:16:04 AM> <INFO> <Secure socket listener started on port 5,556>
    <Feb 11, 2010 2:33:22 AM> <INFO> <Re-loading domains file: E:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\WLSERV~1.3\common\nodemanager\nodemanager.domains>
    <Feb 11, 2010 5:01:05 AM> <WARNING> <I/O error while reading domain directory>
    --------------

I checked the file "E:\Oracle\Middleware\wlserver_10.3\common\nodemanager\nodemanager.domains". This file has entry
    aia_domain=E/://Oracle//Middleware//user_projects//domains//aia_domain

which exists in the server "E:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\aia_domain"

Thanks
    Venki
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points