3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2011 7:19 AM by 888118

Modifying the Standard PO Print Output in RTF

Jai001
      Hi,

1. We have added a DFF on the PO line to capture a Capital Acquisition Request number [CAR] (sort of like a Project; we have not implemented Oracle Projects). Note that we actually capture the Internal ID of the CAR on the DFF attribute and not the CAR Number itself.

We would like to print the CAR Number (not the internal ID) on the custom PO RTF using XML Publisher. I know that we can reference the Attribute fields in the RTF, but how/where do I put in logic to retrieve the CAR Number based on the internal ID stored in the DFF Attribute field?

2. Also, the buyers want the PO to print the Terms and Conditions dependent on the supplier. If we capture the Terms and Conditions on the supplier/site DFF, how can this DFF be referenced in the RTF? I do understand that Vendor ID and Vendor Site ID are available on the PO Header and we need to traverse to their records to gather their DFF values.

For both 1 and 2, the basic question is how to retrieve values outside the standard data definition while generating the XML publisher report.

This is more of an XML Publisher question but I do not see a forum for that. If someone in Procurement has done this, I would appreciate a response.

If Sandeep Gandhi, Santu, or SP Dash (they have helped earlier) can help here, please reply.

Thanks

Satish
        • 1. Re: Modifying the Standard PO Print Output in RTF
          Jai001
          Right after I posted my question here, I talked to another consultant friend and he said that the method to do what we need would be to actually update the underlying standard views like PO_HEADERS_XML and PO_LINES_XML. The modification would be done to columns like GLOBAL_ATTRIBUTE1 etc in the view to return the value you want to print, and then reference them in the custom template.

You are forced to customize the standard views because Oracle does not provide a way to reference a custom data definition in the Document Types setup. You are forced to use one of the templates (custom or standard) attached to the standard data definition. So you can use a custom template to layout the fields the way you want, but all the fields need to be come from the standard data definition.

If there are alternative non-invasive ways to do what we did, please let me know. Or do provide feedback on what is said above.

Thanks

Satish
          • 2. Re: Modifying the Standard PO Print Output in RTF
            Hey can you please reply how you achieved this..thanks in advance
            • 3. Re: Modifying the Standard PO Print Output in RTF
              Hi,
              Ask your IT Oracle programmer to modify the PO_HEADER_XML view, and include the attribute1..n columns from the PO_VENDORS / PO_VENDOR_SITES_ALL / PO_VENDOR_CONTACTS depending on which DFFs of the suppliers have been enabled.
              Once the DFFS are available in the script, the PO Print RTF file can be modified to conditionally print the terms and conditions
              KK