7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2010 7:01 AM by 633522 RSS

XML Publisher:Concurrent Prg not picking the RTF Template

Hi All,

We developed the rdf report and design the layout and we registred it.when we run the concurrent program program is not picking the RTF template.

We are using the Following version.
      Oracle Apps 11.5.10
      xml pub is 5.6.2

So please do the need ful, pleaseeeeeeee

Thanks & Regards
      Leela
        • 1. Re: XML Publisher:Concurrent Prg not picking the RTF Template
          Have you associated the template with the report? - Assuming you have created the data definition and the template from the XML Publisher responsibility and made sure the data definition code is the same as the concurrent program short name, there is another step to execute. Go into system administration responsibility (not the same as system administrator) and query back the concurrent program. Go into the onsite setting tab and select the layout template. This should then enable you to find the template when you run the program.
          • 2. Re: XML Publisher:Concurrent Prg not picking the RTF Template
            Hi Mike,

I gone to system adminstration and i went to Onsite Setting Tab (Concurrent program) but i can't able find the layout template field or check box.
            please guide me in this.
            • 3. Re: XML Publisher:Concurrent Prg not picking the RTF Template
              that suggests you haven't got the setup of the data definition and/or the layout template right.
              Go into the XML Publisher administrator responsibility and select 'Data Definition'
              You need to make sure that when you create the data definition it has the same code as the concurrent program short name and application. This is the connection between the two.
              Having create the data definition, click on the 'Templates' tab and create a template. It should connect with the data Definition you have just created.
              Now upload your layout template file.

If you have this right, then you will be able to see the layout template from the onsite setting tab.
              • 4. Re: XML Publisher:Concurrent Prg not picking the RTF Template
                Hi mike,

i have done all these what you mention,
                iwhat i have mention is in the ONsite setting tab i can't able to see this,
                i am using version of 11.5.10 so any patch or something i need.

my problem is when i am running the program i giving the xml data as output,
                it is not picking the template.
                i ihave done all the basic things.
                So mite be the problem.

Thanks
                Leela
                • 5. Re: XML Publisher:Concurrent Prg not picking the RTF Template
                  Hi Leela,

I suspect the problem you have with finding the onsite setting tab is that you are in the wrong responsibility. You need to be in system administration. You will know if you have the right responsibility and option as the form is a self-service type rather than the traditional professional type form.

Hope this helps!

Mike
                  • 6. Re: XML Publisher:Concurrent Prg not picking the RTF Template
                    Hi mike,

i am in correct responisbility only ,
                    i open web page only,
                    i can able to see the Onsite Setting also.
                    but i can't able to the layout template.

Thanks
                    Leela
                    • 7. Re: XML Publisher:Concurrent Prg not picking the RTF Template
                      that means you can't have created the data definition and template correctly. For the template to be visible for a report, the data definition code and application MUST be the same as the concurrent program short name and application.