4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2010 2:42 PM by 810325

Oracle Client compatable with Windows 7

Hi,
      I tried to install Oracle Client 10g, win64_11gR1_client, and also 11g w2k8_x64 in my machine which has operating system windows 7.

All the 3 tries failed saying operating system expected 6 but found 6.1.

Can anybody please tell me which Oracle Client is compatible with Win 7 ?
        • 1. Re: Oracle Client compatable with Windows 7
          Can anybody please tell me which Oracle Client is compatible with Win 7 ?
          None. Oracle hasn't released a supported version yet for windows 7.
          According to the certification matrix the first version for Windows 7 will be 11gR2.

http://www.oraclerant.com/?p=77

HTH
          -Anantha
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Oracle Client compatable with Windows 7
            OraclePal
            According to Metalink Note: 742060.1 Oracle disclosed an anticipated release for Windows versions (32-bit and 64-bit) for 11gR2 sometime within this quarter (Q1CY2010). However, without any confirmed release date you can't really rely on their schedule matrix.
            • 3. Re: Oracle Client compatable with Windows 7
              User9252909,

You can always check compatibility for both hardware and software concerns directly at the Microsoft Windows 7 Compatibility Center available here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/default.aspx

Jessica
              Microsoft Windows Client Team
              • 4. Re: Oracle Client compatable with Windows 7
                Hello,

I am having a vb.net client application. This uses Oracle.DataAccess.dll which is 32bit one. So far we were compiling and using in vista and xp which are 32 bit OS.

Now we have the requirement where in we need to make our vb.net client to be compatible to be used in Windows 7 system, which is 64 bit OS and also with Vista/XP which are 32 bit OS.

We need above DLL which is compatible both for 32 bit and 64 bit, which was build using the option "Any CPU".

So far i didnt find the DLL which is compatible for both and was built with above option. Could you please help me to get that dll which is compatible for both the OS, whjich i can refer in my project and ship along with the client set up to customers.

Regards,
                Ravishankar KN