1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2011 6:22 PM by S.PDASH

I need a purchase order number immediately option in I-proc

Hello,

I created one catalog requisition in I-Proc, and checked " I need a purchase order number immediately" option during checkout. This requisition has been created and i even got message that "Purchase order number 45 has been reversed for you" With this being said...

1. Where can i see this PO number ( I approved above requisition, but i can not see this PO number in PO screen)...?
      2. What does this purchase order number do?

Thanks
      Deepak
        • 1. Re: I need a purchase order number immediately option in I-proc
          Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
          You can not see the purchase order right away. Oracle has reserved the PO #.
          When the requisition is approved and is converted into a PO, Oracle will automatically create that PO with PO number as 45.

Hope this answers your question
          Sandeep Gandhi
          Omkar Technologies Inc.
          Independent Techno-functional Consultant
          513-325-9026
          • 2. Re: I need a purchase order number immediately option in I-proc
            Hello Sandeep,

Thanks for your response. I do understand that part, but i can not see this PO # from PO screen...

I even have approved requisition.

As you mentioned :- converted into a PO...can u please explain this part......you mean do i still need to use po autocreate screen...or what?

Thanks
            Deepak
            • 3. Re: I need a purchase order number immediately option in I-proc
              Approving requisition may not be enough if you have not setup sourcing rules / asl.
              Go to autocreate screen and pull up the requisition.
              If it comes up, convert it into a PO.
              You will find that Oracle uses the po# that was reserved.

Hope this helps
              Sandeep Gandhi
              Omkar Technologies Inc.
              513-325-9026
              • 4. Re: I need a purchase order number immediately option in I-proc
                Hello Sandeep,

Thanks for your help...Appreciate that...I still need your help..as i'm looking for..

PO should create automatically on requisition approval...we do not want to manual intervention..like query requisition in Auto screen etc......to achieve the same i did following :-

1. Set the value of Send PO Auto creation to Background attribute "Y" in requisition approval workflow
                2. Set the value of Is Automatic Creation Allowed and Is Automatic Approval Allowed attribute Y in Po create document workflow...

I was looking Auto source rule and ASL as well, but in ASL we would have to define supplier item, right , if so then we do have couple of hundred supplier items, which we did not load in system as we mapped their UNSPENT code with our categories...with this being said, do we really need to define ASL and not sure about the auto source rule...

Bottom line :- We want to create automatic PO while requisition approval. I would appreciate if u can send me step by step setup document on my yahoo id deepak_02@yahoo.com that will be great help of mine...

Hope to get some good document from you..

Thanks
                Deepak
                • 5. Re: I need a purchase order number immediately option in I-proc
                  S.PDASH
                  Hi Depak,
                  Please check this doc...

PO Create Documents
                  Workflow File Name: poxwfatc.wft
                  This workflow manages the automatic creation of purchasing documents. The PO Create Documents workflow starts in Oracle iProcurement when you submit a
                  requisition associated with an existing blanket purchase agreement, contract purchase agreement, or catalog quotation in Oracle Purchasing. Customize the attributes in this workflow to fit your business needs.

The following table shows the attributes that you must consider:
                  1) Is Automatic Creation Allowed?

Please change to Y

AUTOCREATE_DOC Indicator (Y for Yes or N for No) of whether this workflow is initiated for all approved requisition lines.
                  Default value: N

2) Is Automatic Approval Allowed?
                  AUTO_APPROVE_DOC Indicator of whether the purchase order approval workflow is initiated automatically after this workflow.

Please change to Y

3) Should Workflow Create The Release?
                  CONT_WF_FOR_AC_REL_GEN Indicator of whether this workflow creates, releases, or leaves them to the buyer to create using AutoCreate in Oracle Purchasing.

Please change to Y

You can verify the changes through below query..

select rtrim(w.name) name,
                  w.text_default Value,
                  rtrim(w.item_type) item_type
                  from wf_item_attributes w
                  where w.NAME in ('AUTO_APPROVE_DOC', 'CONT_WF_FOR_AC_REL_GEN', 'AUTOCREATE_DOC')

Hope this will help.

Regards,
                  S.P DASH

Another quick question to you, you mentioned UNSPENT code in your queries.. I think it should be UNSPSC code...correct me if I am wrong here..
                  • 6. Re: I need a purchase order number immediately option in I-proc
                    Hello S.P

Thanks for your inputs...I have already set all these attributes as Y, but still PO is not created automatically...pls advice what i'm missing....

I can see reserved PO # in PO auto create screen and can create the same by using the same screen...and i do not want this step. PO should create automatically when requisition get approved...

Pls advice
                    Thanks
                    Deepak
                    • 7. Re: I need a purchase order number immediately option in I-proc
                      Have you created the Sourcing rules for the item on the req?
                      Is the Sourcing rule attached to the default Assignment set?
                      Have you created a blanket / Quote and attached it to the ASL?

If you look at the requisition, is the supplier name / site filled in?

On metalink, search for a note that addresses common problems with auto-converting requisitions into PO. See if that note applies to you.

Hope this helps
                      Sandeep Gandhi
                      Omkar Technologies Inc.
                      513-325-9026
                      • 8. Re: I need a purchase order number immediately option in I-proc
                        I can see suppler name and sites on requisition....also i'm trying to create Standard PO....can i do the same?

Thanks
                        Deepak
                        • 9. Re: I need a purchase order number immediately option in I-proc
                          S.PDASH
                          Hi,
                          Please check following Profile Options as well....

1) PO: Allow Autocreation of Oracle Sourcing Documents is set as "Yes"

2) PO: Release During ReqImport is set as "Yes" @ Responsibility level (PO resp which you are using)

While creating a BPA, please make sure under Addtional Information Tab, you are Selecting the Enable Automatic Sourcing checkbox and then choose a Release Generation Method to create new supplier sourcing rules, rule assignments, and approved supplier list entries.

e.g : 1) Automatic Release 2) Automatic Release/Review *3) Release using Autocreate*

Please do follow the steps which Mr. Sandeep Gandhi already mentioned in this thread.

Regards,
                          S.P DASH
                          • 10. Re: I need a purchase order number immediately option in I-proc
                            Hello Sp and Sandeep,

Appreciate your help..but need your more help

1. I do understand about Auto source rule and Approved Supplier list :- This is more to get supplier and supplier site information for PO auto create...Now

I'm creating i-procurement requisition and shopping directly through supplier website, so i'm getting supplier and sites for my requisition, in this case, i believe we do not need ASL and ASR.....if we need then why, as ASL required to define supplier items which are couple of thousand....Please advice if i'm missing anything....

Also i just want to create only Standard PO.....

Thanks
                            Deepak
                            • 11. Re: I need a purchase order number immediately option in I-proc
                              The "thousands of items" are still defined as inventory items in your system. Right?
                              Is the "use approved vendor" flag set to yes on the item master for these items.
                              If yes, then you will need ASL. But you don't need sourcing rules.

And if you want the iprocurement requisition to turn into an auto-approved po, you will need to create either Quote or Blanket PO. And add that to the ASL attribute screen for that item.

Hope this helps
                              Sandeep Gandhi
                              Omkar Technologies Inc.
                              513-325-9026
                              • 12. Re: I need a purchase order number immediately option in I-proc
                                S.PDASH
                                Hi Deepak,
                                Sandeep is absolutely right.. When you are using i-proc, in the search option you either mention an ITEM name or a BPA number and through this you do shopping. I hv never seen a standard PO being refered in i-proc. Correct me if I am wrong here.

Did you get a chance to check the profile options which I mentioned in my last mail.. I will share screenshots of your issue if you want (step by step method) ..

Regards,
                                S.P DASH
                                • 13. Re: I need a purchase order number immediately option in I-proc
                                  Thanks...I have checked all profile optiosn.Can u pls share sceen shots...
                                  Thanks
                                  'Deepak
                                  • 14. Re: I need a purchase order number immediately option in I-proc
                                    Dear all,
                                    Can i have the screen-shot ? as i would like to understand how to have PO number generated after PR being approved.
                                    Can i confirm one thing that for catalog request, also is link to requisition template all will be link to BPA ? only for non-catalog request it will link to standard PO ?

Thanks & regards,
                                    Yaw
                                    my email: pfyaw@ptp.com.my
                                    1 2 Previous Next