This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2012 6:44 AM by aazayka RSS

Table Value Set Definition - Fetch Error

706662 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am trying to use a TABLE Validated Value Set based on the value set used in the Accounting Key Flexfield using the following query. When you run the test button in the DFF Table definition, it says that it is succesfully tested.

SELECT FLEX_VALUE, DESCRIPTION
FROM FND_FLEX_VALUES_VL
WHERE FLEX_VALUE_SET_ID=1010305
order by flex_value

But when I go to the Oracle form to the respective DFF, it throws the below long error.

APP-FND-01564: ORACLE error 24345 in fdlget

Cause: fdlget failed due to ORA-24345: A Truncation or null fetch error occurred.

The SQL statement being executed at the time of the error was: SELECT FLEX_VALUE, FLEX_VALUE VALUE, DESCRIPTION DESCRIPTION, NVL('N','N'), NVL(TO_NUMBER(NULL),-1), NULL, NVL('Y','Y')

Can anybody help me, how to get this resolved.

Regards,
  • 1. Re: Table Value Set Definition - Fetch Error
    Helios-GunesEROL Oracle ACE
    Hi;

What is your EBS and OS?

Please check:
    APP-FND-01564 When Entering The Defaulting Rules Flexfield [ID 602751.1]
    Error "APP-FND-01564: Oracle error 24345 in fdlget" While Selecting Name Parameter in India - Debtors Ledger Report [ID 739758.1]
    APP-FND-01564 ORA-24345 Cross Currency Exchange Gain/Loss Report [ID 472308.1]

Hope those are help your issue

Regard
    Helios
  • 2. Re: Table Value Set Definition - Fetch Error
    CarolW Newbie
    R12 problem - check the definition of your value set being used. If it is defined as List type "List of Values", then try changing to "Long List of Values". Save and try again. If you don't get the error again, then you probably have a column in the value set that is shorter than the defined table size. For example, description is 50 characters long in the value set, but the table column is 240 characters. If you have data that is longer than 50 characters, you will get this error. But if you change the List type to "Long List of Values", it won't throw the error. I've been trying to get Oracle to figure out the problem, but they just want us to increase the size of the value sets.

Good luck and let me know if this works for you.
  • 3. Re: Table Value Set Definition - Fetch Error
    27781 Newbie
    Interesting discovery - in my case (12.1.2), I found that I got the -1564 error with a -1036 error. I had a comment ( -- inline comment ) in the where clause of my table based value set. When I removed that, the error went away.

Edited by: johnhi on Feb 3, 2011 4:57 PM
  • 4. Re: Table Value Set Definition - Fetch Error
    820364 Newbie
    The way i fixed the issue was:

First enter the value size 999, after navigating to edit information and selecting the table value, oracle defaults the size to 2000(whatever the size of the table in bytes). The trick is to remove 2000 and enter something like 200. Automatically the value at the first page also changes. This worked perfectly.
  • 5. Re: Table Value Set Definition - Fetch Error
    905988 Newbie
    Change the -- Maximum Size -- attribute of the Value Set to be greater than or equal to the maximum length returned from the SQL:

Rafee
  • 6. Re: Table Value Set Definition - Fetch Error
    aazayka Newbie
    johnhi wrote:
    Interesting discovery - in my case (12.1.2), I found that I got the -1564 error with a -1036 error. I had a comment ( -- inline comment ) in the where clause of my table based value set. When I removed that, the error went away.
    Works for me too on 11.5.10.2

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points