1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 18, 2010 5:52 PM by Iain Curtain

Need help with Hyperion Performance Suite 8.5.0.2

Hi
      I'm new to the suite of products from BRIO.

Basically, the environment has some existing BRIO reports (with some users for user to key in their required parameters e.g. date range, etc.) which the users wish to have schedule and exported out into Excel.

I understand in order to do that I need to install a Brio Server @ Hyperion Performance Suite 8.5.0.2 (we are only licensed for this version). Is this true?

I have a few questions
      1. What are the supported OS versions?
      2. What are the supported webservers?

I understand the hardware requirements to install BRIO Server @ Hyperion Performance Suite 8.5.0.2 are
      ■ CD-ROM drive—Required for installation of Hyperion Performance Suite server or client components.
      ■ 1.2 GHz CPU—2 GHz is required if the repository database is on the same computer as all the Hyperion Performance Suite components.
      ■ RAM—Each component (that is, Hyperion Foundation, Hyperion Intelligence iServer, Hyperion SQR iServer, and Hyperion Intelligence Server) requires a minimum of 256 MB of RAM. All services installed on the same computer requires 512 MB of RAM. All servlets installed on the same computer requires 512 MB of RAM. Everything installed on the same computer requires 1 GB of RAM.
      ■ Free disk space—Foundation and Hyperion SQR iServer require 350 MB free disk space. Hyperion Intelligence iServer requires 450 MB. Hyperion Intelligence Server requires 400 MB. All servers on the same computer requires 350 MB of free disk space. SQR requires an additional 130 MB for all databases. Additional disk space is needed for files that users publish.
      Hyperion recommends that you have a minimum of 1 GB of free disk space before beginning the installation process.
      ■ Disk space for the installer—125 MB required.
      ■ Cache/Temp space—1 GB required.
      ■ TCP/IP connection

3. Roughly how many users will this server be able to serve?
      4. What is the effort to integrate the BRIO reports (with some users for user to key in their required parameters e.g. date range, etc.) into the Brio Server @ Hyperion Performance Suite 8.5.0.2 and have it scheduled with different parameters? Will there be any changes required to the BRIO reports?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Need help with Hyperion Performance Suite 8.5.0.2
          Iain Curtain
          Version 8.5 was released in 2004, so you are dealing with old unsupported software running on and with other old and likely unsupported software.

That said, here is the supported platform website from Oracle, note these only go back to 9.2
          http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/bi/hyperion-supported-platforms.html

You'll need to have Brio Scheduler (or On Demand Server - I can't remember the old name) installed.

If you server is as basic as the requirements you have below, then it might do around 20-50 users, depending on the size and complexity of the data warehouse and queries being run.

I seem to remember that the export to excel was pretty basic and was definitely an old version of excel.

In general, bqy files don't need much modification, but that depends on the queries and exports required - there might be efficiencies in building them differently for exporting.

Cheers, Iain