3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2010 1:27 PM by 765355 RSS

Oracle Clinical Hardware Requirements

I've notice that the Oracle Clinical 4.6 requires Application Tier and Database Tier
      Moreover, there are application server and reports server in Application Tier; and Database Server and PSUB Server in Database Tier.
      Does that mean I need 4 independent OS to operate? or I can combine the server in the same tier if my work load is not heavy?

Thanks for your help!

• 1. Re: Oracle Clinical Hardware Requirements
          Hi, was just browsing when i came across your query.
          I do not know much about Oracle Clinical but i do know about Oracle Application Server.

Oracle Application Server can be installed with Infra Tier and Mid Tier on the same machine, so i think you should not have any problem installing all the 4 components on the same machine if the load is not heavy.

Hope it helps,
          • 2. Re: Oracle Clinical Hardware Requirements
            I tested following configuration successfully:

1. win2003 db server running 11g ( (2GB, 40 GB HD)
            2. win2003 app server (10gASR2) (2GB, 15 GB HD)

OC/RDC 4.6 and TMS 4.6.1 have many new features but it is still not a CTMS system.
            • 3. Re: Oracle Clinical Hardware Requirements
              I am a expert in Oracle clinical installation and have done more than 5 installations of 4.5.1 , 4.5.3 and 4.6 as well.

No need of 4 servers.

Only two servers are required for Oracle clinical RDC 4.6

Database server: 11g database and PSUB service.
              Application server : Application server, Reportserver and RDC onsite server.

If you are using TMS then you need to have TMS 4.6.1 in a seperate server. Even this can be combined with the your app server.

Edited by: user12251281 on Apr 30, 2010 11:27 AM