This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2012 8:35 AM by 943485 RSS

Unable to import private Synonym for procedure  in OWB

682825 Expert
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

We have two schema APPS and XXMY in our Project. created location with Apps credentials in OWB.
Have all the objects in XXMY like tables ,sequence, procedures etc. Created private synonym in apps for tables, sequence and procedure .
but while importing the objects in OWB through Apps location procedures are not visible but other objects are visible like tables and sequences.

Is this the bug with OWB.

OWB version :-

Database version :-
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.7.0 - Production
PL/SQL Release 11.1.0.7.0 - Production
CORE     11.1.0.7.0     Production
TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 11.1.0.7.0 - Production
NLSRTL Version 11.1.0.7.0 - Production
Cheers
Nawneet
  • 1. Re: Unable to import private Synonym for procedure  in OWB
    509462 Journeyer
    Hmm, I'm surprised because I have definitely accessed functions, procedures, and packages via private synonyms with 10.2.0.4

Just curious, but did you also remember to assign proper grants to APPS on those objects from XXMY?

The first test I would do is to be sure that the function is runable from APPS via the synonym - so drop any public synonyms to the function to make sure that you are accessing it via the private one.

Mike
  • 2. Re: Unable to import private Synonym for procedure  in OWB
    533763 Newbie
    I have the same type of problem. Created a synonym in Schema2 for a procedure in Schema1, want to import this synonym proc but not visible in OWB while importing the transformation section; even i already selected the option of 'Use a synonym to look up objects'. I have already given full access on procedure to target schema. Currently using OWB11gR2.

Help appreciated.

Regards
    Anand
  • 3. Re: Unable to import private Synonym for procedure  in OWB
    Oleg Expert
    Hi Anand,
    the most probably it is an OWB bug.
    I think the only workaround is to create sepparate module for additional schemas in your target database -
    location for this module will differ from target location only in Schema parameter

Regards,
    Oleg
  • 4. Re: Unable to import private Synonym for procedure  in OWB
    533763 Newbie
    Well I did the same as you suggested, added one location pointing to target schema and my problem solved.

Thanks a lot. :)

Anand
  • 5. Re: Unable to import private Synonym for procedure  in OWB
    441184 Newbie
    q: is this still a bug?

the mentioned workaround may cover some workarounds but when you need to bind a sys-object it might be a problem if the sys password is not known for owb-design process
  • 6. Re: Unable to import private Synonym for procedure  in OWB
    user11982888 Newbie
    Hi Oleg

You said in the previous message:

"
    the most probably it is an OWB bug.
    I think the only workaround is to create sepparate module for additional schemas in your target database -
    location for this module will differ from target location only in Schema parameter
    "

Can you elaborate in details?

I have a remote source DB in Oracle 7.3.4 and I need to connect to this source from OWB 11gR1. I use a bridge DB in Oracle 9.0.1 that have private synonyms created via DB link connecting to Oracle 7. I can import any tables/views form the bridge DB but cannot import the private synonyms.

Please advice.

Pham
  • 7. Re: Unable to import private Synonym for procedure  in OWB
    Ana GH Explorer
    I'm afraid you'll have to create dummy functions and procedures in the 9.0.1 Database invoking the real ones in the 7.3.4 DB through the DB-Link using normal PL/SQL. Then you should be able to import the dummy ones. If that doesn't work, you'll have to create the dummy ones in the target schema of OWB 11gR1.
    Regards
    ANA GH
  • 8. Re: Unable to import private Synonym for procedure  in OWB
    943485 Newbie
    I have a similar problem in OWB 11.2 pointing at an Oracle 9.2 database.
    We're migrating our OWB 10.1 (Oracle 9.2) to OWB 11.2 on a 11.2 database, we're coming from windows and going to Sun Solaris.

Both databases can see each other, I've created a db-link in Oracle 11.2 pointing to Oracle 9.2 (I tried both with private and public DB-links).
    I'ce created a sunonym in the 11.2 database point over the db-link to the table in the 9.2 database.
    In SQL developer I can see the table, select, insert, update and delete.
    When I'm in OWB and I try to import tables (synonyms checked) I do not see any of the synonyms created.
    Am I still doing something wrong?
    I can create another location in OWB 11.2 pointing to the 9.2 database but I'd like to avoid this setup.
    Any ideas?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points