7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2010 9:25 AM by S.PDASH

Workday Calendar - Organization

Hi Guys,

I am creating an inventory organization in 11.5.10 i have completed the following:-

Name XXMANUFACTURING
      Type Plant
      FRom date 01-JAN-1958
      Location XXManufacturing
      Location Address is populated

Then under Organizations Classifications i add Inventory Organization and complete the following:-

Acccounting information SOB= Vision Operations, Legal Entity = Vision Operations, Operating Unit = Vision Operations which is all fine

When i go into Inventory Parameters to add a master inventory org VISION OPERATIONS, i cannot select any work day calendars get the following error:

FRM-40212-Invalid value for field calendar_code.

I know that the following vision1 calander is setup and can see this in inventory

Can anybody tell me where i am going wrong...?

Thanks

Bal
        • 1. Re: Workday Calendar - Organization
          S.PDASH
          Hi,
          Hope you have defined everything correctly including workday Calendar..

You mentioned : Acccounting information SOB= Vision Operations, Legal Entity = Vision Operations, Operating Unit = Vision Operations which is all fine... Did you run Concurrent Request "Replicate Seed Data" with appropriate parameters (OU) from System Administrator Resp after defining OU, LE, Calender etc....? Please confirm.

Regards,
          S.P DASH
          • 2. Re: Workday Calendar - Organization
            Hi S.P DASH

Sorry... i was under the impression i could use a workday calendar from another organization is that not possible.... ?

Bal
            • 3. Re: Workday Calendar - Organization
              S.PDASH
              Hi Bal,
              Yes, you can use other site's workday calender if it is matching with your current site's Workday Calendar.. But still it is wise to have a separte Workday calender per site as sometime the National Holidays (which we defined under Calender exception template : Inv Setup --> Organizations --> Calender exception Templates ) are in different dates of different countries (say Independence Day).. If your 2 Orgs are under same country with same workday patten and Holidays then you can refer 1 Calender for both.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
              S.P DASH
              • 4. Re: Workday Calendar - Organization
                Hi S.P DASH,

The Calendar is for the same country, but everytime i try choosing this calendar i get the orginal message no list of values... this is where i was getting confused... am i doing something wrong....?

Bal
                • 5. Re: Workday Calendar - Organization
                  S.PDASH
                  Hi Bal,
                  Could you please confirm below points :

1) How many workday calendars you have defined for your site?...
                  2) Did you build the calendar after you defined it?
                  3) Is your site a MFG site or a Distribution site ?
                  4) Did you run "Replicate Seed Data" after defining OU, INV org, calendar etc...

Regards,
                  S.P DASH
                  • 6. Re: Workday Calendar - Organization
                    Hi S.P DASH

I am sorry if i am confusing yourself ? I am quite new to this module....I have not defined any workday calendars, i was thinking i could use one from another org ? I am studying for my purchasing exam so its one of the tutorials that has asked me to do this but does not say i have to build a workday calendar, its says i can use one from another org.... and this is where i get stuck.

Bal
                    • 7. Re: Workday Calendar - Organization
                      S.PDASH
                      Hi Bal,
                      No issues at all.. We are here to help each other.

You mentioned : I have not defined any workday calendars, i was thinking i could use one from another org ?
                      Yes you can use calendar of another org... Oracle allows that.. Normally when we define a calendar system prompts to build the calendar.

I hope I answered your question correctly this time :)

If you are convinced with the answer then please close thread with your remarks.

Regards,
                      S.P DASH