2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2010 9:18 AM by 763915

Is it possible to change the way the approver is selected alphabetically

Using iProcurement (R12)
      I have several users in my approval groups and by default when a requisitioner places a requisition iProc selects the approver by choosing the first alphabetically

Can this be changed?
      Ideally I would like the option against my requisitioners to be able to define who their default approver should be

Any help / ideas would be appreciated

Many thanks

Darren
        • 1. Re: Is it possible to change the way the approver is selected alphabetically
          S.PDASH
          Hi Darren,
          We would like to know which approval process your business is following..i.e.

1) Employee - Supervisor
          or
          2) Positional Hiererarchy

When requestor/buyer create a requisition, system automatically (WF) configure who will be the approver for this requistion based on the approval hierarchy setup. In iprocuremet (R12) it allows buyer/requestioner to include another approver between the normal approvers but still it will wait for the final approvers approval.

Back to your main question : I have several users in my approval groups and by default when a requisitioner places a requisition iProc selects the approver by choosing the first alphabetically. Can this be changed?

Would you mind to allow system to take its own decision based on the approval hierarchy setup.. Make sure you are setting below profile option correctly in i-proc at site and Resp level.

POR : System Approvers are Mandatory set it as "Yes"

Hope it helps.

Regards,
          S.P DASH
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Is it possible to change the way the approver is selected alphabetically
            Hi - thanks for the detailed answer

We are using Positional Hierarchy
            and we do allow requisitioners to change the defaulted approver