2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2010 8:50 PM by user13300783

Using iProcurement instead of Core App

I am using R12

I have an legal department who are responsible for placing all legal work across the organisation
      Currently the process is manual with large consolidated invoices being paid every month – followed by journals to recharge the individual departments who routed their requests through the legal department

I would like individual departments to place a requisition (so that I capture all cost centre information) and allow the budget holder to approve it so that it becomes a Purchase Order
      I would then like the legal department to be able to change / select the supplier - but I would like to do this in iProcurement not core app

Furthermore I would like to give the legal department the ability to add additional lines to the PO at a later date (allowing the requisition to go for reapproval) again by using iProcurement

Any ideas appreciated

Regards

Darren
        • 1. Re: Using iProcurement instead of Core App
          S.PDASH
          Hi Darren,
          Thanks for putting such a nice question on a real business scenario.

You mentioned Q-1 --> : I would like individual departments to place a requisition (so that I capture all cost centre information) and allow the budget holder to approve it so that it becomes a Purchase Order I would then like the legal department to be able to change / select the supplier - but I would like to do this in iProcurement not core apps.

Ans : Yes, you can do the above through i-proc. Basically i-Proc module is based on Purchasing, Inventory module & ledger etc. of Core Apps & without these modules iproc won't work properly. You need to have minimum setup and conversion activities (e.g. Item, BPA..etc) before you use i-proc featurtes for your business.. Certainly the i-proc is a nice feature for any business where it's employee can use its feature for shopping.

What I understood from your question is that, individual department (employee) will raise requisitions and it will be approved by higher ups of the same dept and finally it will be approved by legal department. This is totally dependant on how you define your approval process.

Legal Dept can reject requisition for modification to requestor or can change/select supplier before a final order is placed.

You mentioned Q-2 --> : Furthermore I would like to give the legal department the ability to add additional lines to the PO at a later date (allowing the requisition to go for reapproval) again by using iProcurement.

Through i-proc, you can create BPA releases but you can not add a new line to the existing BPA. Best practice will be you can go back to BPA, add a new line, it will create a new revision of BPA and can be reffered in i-proc.

Hope I answered your question correctly :)

Regards,
          S.P DASH
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Using iProcurement instead of Core App
            user13300783
            Hi Friends,

Our Client is willing to implement i Procurement for their organization.

Can you please help to answer the below questions:

1> Can i Procurement be implemented standalone without Purchasing and / or Inventory modules.
            2> If not then what setups need to be done in Purchasing and / or Inventory modules for i Procurement implementation (Is there any alternative)

Please provide some information on these.

Thanks