This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2013 9:35 AM by Tiotato RSS

OUI-35000: Fatal cluster error encountered during oracle db installtion

Sohil Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

"OUI-35000: Fatal cluster error encountered (). Correct the problem and try to operation again." is generated during oracle software installation, cluster ware installation is successful.

i got below resolution from oracle documentation.

Bug 4460807

When adding a node to Oracle Clusterware, OUI defaults to the private and virtual host names for use on the "Specify Cluster Nodes to Add to Installation" GUI page. If you click Next without making sure the default private node or virtual host names are configured for use or if you enter a private node name or virtual host name that are unreachable, you see the following error message, "OUI-35000: Fatal cluster error encountered (). Correct the problem and try to operation again."

Workaround
Make sure the private node name or virtual host names are reachable by performing nslookup on them. If they are not reachable, make sure they exist either in DNS or in /etc/hosts file. Alternatively, you can replace the default private node and virtual host names to those that are configured for use on your system.

when i perform 'nslookup' on my servers i got ';; connection timed out; no servers could be reached'.

we are looking at network level.

is there any other way to bypass this check.?

its 10.2 oracle db software on solaris 10

out put of crs_stat -t command

Name           Type           Target    State     Host
------------------------------------------------------------
ora....db1.gsd application ONLINE ONLINE nbbx...sdb1
ora....db1.ons application ONLINE ONLINE nbbx...sdb1
ora....db1.vip application ONLINE ONLINE nbbx...sdb1
ora....db2.gsd application ONLINE ONLINE nbbx...sdb2
ora....db2.ons application ONLINE ONLINE nbbx...sdb2
ora....db2.vip application ONLINE ONLINE nbbx...sdb2
  • 1. Re: OUI-35000: Fatal cluster error encountered during oracle db installtion
    damorgan Oracle ACE Director
    If it doesn't work you don't need a work-around.

The server can not be reached.

You need to fix the problem.
  • 2. Re: OUI-35000: Fatal cluster error encountered during oracle db installtion
    rajeysh Guru
    Hi friend,

I got the same error OUI-35000. i solved it and posted in my blog. refer it for more information.
    its due to non availability of clusterware for nodes or due to wrong entry of public,private or vip address during adding a node.

refer it for more information.
    http://oracleinstance.blogspot.com/2010/05/ou1-35000-fatal-cluster-error.html

regards,
    rajeshkumar govindarajan.
    http://oracleinstance.blogspot.com
  • 3. Re: OUI-35000: Fatal cluster error encountered during oracle db installtion
    726896 Newbie
    Guys,
    I am also facing the same situation. I am running 11Gr2 clusterware with ASM and trying to Install Oracle 10gR2 on Soalris 10. I have pinned the nodes aswell as per the documentation. all the CRS and CSS and etc services are running fine. I also have a 11G database on thi sbox which is running fine. Plz help me.
  • 4. Re: OUI-35000: Fatal cluster error encountered during oracle db installtion
    896719 Newbie
    If using 10g OUI "runInstaller" don't forget to empty /etc/issue file before use.

//daol09
  • 5. Re: OUI-35000: Fatal cluster error encountered during oracle db installtion
    Tiotato Newbie
    Dear Collegues

I got a solution when the problem appear....so,the most easy that everybody think. For me the solution were in the aud files, in both node I had 1'600.000 files and the process nodeadd try to copy this files at the new node.

An simple solution for this complex issue that took me 3 weeks for found the solution.

Some examples that error appear, from the node 1

INFO: 4/17/13 6:53:03 PM COT: Setting variable 'REMOTE_NODES' to 'DCBOLXDB2088'. Received the value from a code block.
    FINEST: 4/17/13 6:53:03 PM COT: OiifbLinearIterator:Calling doOperation(false) on:class oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifw.OiifwAddNodeWCDE
    INFO: 4/17/13 6:53:03 PM COT: Setting the 'ExistingClusterNodes' property to 'DCBORACV2004,DCBORACV2005'.
    INFO: 4/17/13 6:53:03 PM COT: Setting the 'EnableVirtualHostNameEntry' property to 'true'.
    INFO: 4/17/13 6:53:03 PM COT: Setting the 'NewNodes ( CLUSTER_NEW_NODES )' property to 'DCBOLXDB2088'. Received the value from the command line.
    INFO: 4/17/13 6:53:03 PM COT: Setting variable 'REMOTE_NODES' to 'DCBOLXDB2088'. Received the value from a code block.
    INFO: 4/17/13 6:53:03 PM COT: Setting variable 'CLUSTER_NODES' to 'DCBORACV2004,DCBORACV2005,DCBOLXDB2088'. Received the value from a code block.
    FINEST: 4/17/13 6:53:03 PM COT: OiifbLinearIterator:Result of doOperation(false) on:0
    FINER: 4/17/13 6:53:03 PM COT: OiifbCondIterator:In iterate - loop.. : elem is class oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifw.OiifwClusterChecksWCCE
    FINEST: 4/17/13 6:53:03 PM COT: OiifbLinearIterator:Calling doOperation(false) on:class oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifw.OiifwClusterChecksWCCE
    INFO: 4/17/13 6:53:03 PM COT: Performing tests to see whether nodes DCBORACV2005,DCBOLXDB2088 are available
    INFO: 4/17/13 6:53:04 PM COT: Validating nodes DCBORACV2005...
    INFO: 4/17/13 6:53:04 PM COT: Checking if nodes are alive...
    SEVERE: 4/17/13 6:53:04 PM COT: OUI-35000: Fatal cluster error encountered (PRKC-1071 : Nodes "DCBORACV2005" did not respond to ping in "30" seconds, ping: icmp open socket: Operation not permitted

The error, SEVERE:OUI-35000: Fatal cluster error encountered (PRKC-1071 : Nodes "DCBORACV2005" did not respond to ping in "30" seconds, ping: icmp open socket: Operation not permitted, some test and changes has been applied but everthing is the same.

[root@DCBORACV2004 logs]# more oraInstall2013-04-15_02-21-31PM.err
    oracle.ops.mgmt.cluster.SharedDeviceException: PRKC-1025 : Failed to create a file under the filepath /u01 because the filepath is not executable or writable
    at oracle.ops.mgmt.nativesystem.UnixSystem.isSharedPath(UnixSystem.java:1623)
    at oracle.ops.mgmt.cluster.Cluster.isSharedPath(Cluster.java:1109)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiip.oiipg.OiipgCFSDriveCheck.isDriveOnCFS(OiipgCFSDriveCheck.java:655)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicAddNodeSummaryInformation.isVolumeOnCFS(OiicAddNodeSummaryInformation.java:164)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicAddNodeSummaryInformation.computeSpaceInfo(OiicAddNodeSummaryInformation.java:459)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicAddNodeSummaryInformation.initializeAddNodeSession(OiicAddNodeSummaryInformation.java:383)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicAddNodeSummaryInformation.<init>(OiicAddNodeSummaryInformation.java:140)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifw.OiifwAddNodeSummaryWCDE.writeSummaryInformation(OiifwAddNodeSummaryWCDE.java:212)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifw.OiifwAddNodeSummaryWCDE.logDialog(OiifwAddNodeSummaryWCDE.java:204)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbWizChainDlgElem.doOperation(OiifbWizChainDlgElem.java:702)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifw.OiifwAddNodeSummaryWCDE.doOperation(OiifwAddNodeSummaryWCDE.java:180)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbCondIterator.iterate(OiifbCondIterator.java:171)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicPullSession.doOperation(OiicPullSession.java:1380)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicSessionWrapper.doOperation(OiicSessionWrapper.java:294)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.run(OiicInstaller.java:579)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.runInstaller(OiicInstaller.java:969)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.main(OiicInstaller.java:906)
    [root@DCBORACV2004 logs]#

Jairo Suarez
    Database Architect
    tiotato31 skypeid

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points