5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2011 10:32 AM by SH_INT

FDQM Mapping error

Hi,
      I was working on FDQM where i created a mapping table based on the two mapped dimensions from essbase, now i have total of 5 dimension in essbase mapped into FDQM of which the Measure dimension and the Entity dimension are being mapped through the mapping table for individual members for data load. Now i have created a mapping table for the measure dimension its working fine, but the mapping table for the entity dimension is giving me trouble. I am not able to create or delete any line item for the entity dimension. Its throwing me some stack error.
      The error msg has been given below in bold
      If some one could help me out

*"Application Error*

*Description: An exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please contact the administrator to review the stack trace in the event log for more information about the error.*

*Exception Details:*

*An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 110.*

*Source:*

*http://localhost/HyperionFDM/Pages/Maps.aspx*

*Stack Trace:*

*at System.Xml.XmlScanner.ScanNamedEntity() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseBeginTagExpandCharEntities() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadNoCollectTextToken() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadCurrentNode() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc) at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml) at Hyperion.FDM.Controls.Grid.ProcessGridUpdates() at Hyperion.FDM.Controls.Grid.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()*

*at System.Xml.XmlScanner.ScanNamedEntity() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseBeginTagExpandCharEntities() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadNoCollectTextToken() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadCurrentNode() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc) at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml) at Hyperion.FDM.Controls.Grid.ProcessGridUpdates() at Hyperion.FDM.Controls.Grid.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()*
        • 1. Re: FDQM Mapping error
          TonyScalese
          You have a SQL reserved character somewhere in your entity map. Things like '&' will cause this problem.

You need to delete your entity map via a script. Find & remove the invalid character and then reload your map.
          • 2. Re: FDQM Mapping error
            thankx for the reply my problem is solved
            • 3. Re: FDQM Mapping error
              Hi,

Can you please provide us the example script to delete maps in FDQM and also advise us how to run the script in FDQM.

Please help me,

Thanks in Advance.
              • 4. Re: FDQM Mapping error
                Manaf
                Error After Loading New Mapping to a Location. "Error While Parsing Entity Name". [ID 728181.1]

Applies to:
                Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management - Version: 8.3.1.0.00 to 11.1.1.1.00 - Release: 8.3 to 11.1
                Information in this document applies to any platform.

Symptoms
                After loading a new map template to a location, I am receiving the error:

Application Error

Description: An exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please contact the administrator to review the stack trace in the event log for more information about the error.

Exception Details:

An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 109.

This error message is returned when attempting to select a different dimension than the account dimension in the mapping table.

Cause
                Imported accounts using the map loader template that contained reserved database characters '&'. The FDM web client cannot process the reserved db characters properly, resulting in the error message.
                Solution
                1) Open the FDM Workbench Client and login to the application
                2) Choose Tools/Table Editor
                3) From the drop down list select the tDataMap table
                4) In the "Find" box enter the location id for the location where the mapping template was loaded. Scroll down to the entries in the table with the DimName 'Account'. In the SrcKey field you will need to locate any entries that contain reserved database characters (&,@, etc.). You can delete these rows by highlighting them and clicking the X icon.
                5) Click the Diskette Icon to save the changes.
                • 5. Re: FDQM Mapping error
                  SH_INT
                  While the previous approach will work for pre version 11 FDM applications the table editor option has now been been removed. You therefore have to execute the required sql via an FDM script or have access to the FDM database via a tool such as SQL Developer (or your DBA) and execute the required deletion on the database table there.