7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2010 10:13 AM by S.PDASH

how to enable multicurrency on item catalog in iprocurement

user3597110
      friends..

can anyone share with me..
      how to enable option to choose multi currency on iprocurement page,
      so i can choose USD/SGD/AUD etc, beside my default SOB currency.

if i select item catalog from Categories shop, i only have item with defaulted currency that i cannot change.

i was looking on Oracle iprocurement Implementation Guide 11i,
      and the best info i could get are on page 170-172 (requisition setup 5-5) which is made me confuse :-(

anyway, on non-catalog request item there is no issue, i can choose other currency.

regards
        • 1. Re: how to enable multicurrency on item catalog in iprocurement
          S.PDASH
          Hi,
          We would like to know the item which you are selecting during shopping is associated to any BPA? In iProcurement it is not possible to change the currency of a catalog item which is associated to a BPA.

Regards,
          S.P DASH
          • 2. Re: how to enable multicurrency on item catalog in iprocurement
            user3597110
            Hi Dash..
            the item which was extracted from master item and not associated with any BPA document.
            in fact my customer only using standard purchase order for now.

is there any profile or setup that i might miss?
            because it is weird, because with non-catalog request item there is a currency field that i can pick from LOV.
            but on catalog item its look like currency already locked to SOB currency and there is no way to edit it.

please CMIIW, looking forward to have your valuable suggestion.

regards
            • 3. Re: how to enable multicurrency on item catalog in iprocurement
              S.PDASH
              Hi,
              Could you please confirm below points..

1) How you do shopping for catalog item in i-proc..? Unless catalog items are associated to a BPA or quote you won't be able to do shopping/check out. Correct me if I am wrong here. As a work around could you please create a BPA and use a catalog item in the BPA line. Save and Approve BPA.. Now switch to I-proc, do a shopping of this item..

About your main question : how to enable multicurrency on item catalog in iprocurement

We don't think there is any such profile option through which you can enable the multicurrency functionality in PO or i-proc. This is because each catalog item is associated to a BPA or quote and shopping of this item will refer to the currency of the BPA or quote or the currency of SOB of your site. During check out process if want to modify or change the requisition, i-proc will allow you only to update, need by date, quantity etc.. but not the currency...

For non-Catalog items, you will have multicurrency as it is not associated to any BPA or quote. e.g. Car rental, Flight tickets etc...

Check if this multi-currency functionality can be activated for catalog item through customization.

There is only 2 profile options under i-proc on multi currency :

1) POR: Preference - Display Transaction Currency , Description : Self Service Requisition User Preference for Displaying Transaction Currency

2) POR: Default Currency Conversion Rate Type (e.g. Corporate, Plan, Daily)

Hope this will help.

Regards,
              S.P DASH
              • 4. Re: how to enable multicurrency on item catalog in iprocurement
                user3597110
                Hi SP Dash..
                apprently we able to transact with item catalog that extracted from master item in iprocurement.

i know we can use BPA, but how many BPA we will have to accomodate 1 item with several currencies, and my customer resist to use it because their BPA documents will have 'non-BPA' documents.

because we compare to existing core PR form, that can accomodate this feature, but on iprocurement this feature is not available due for not known reason.

regards
                • 5. Re: how to enable multicurrency on item catalog in iprocurement
                  S.PDASH
                  Hi,
                  We understand your concern but we have limitations in iprocurment side... You are right, we can't create multiple BPAs with different currencies for the same item, certainly it will look very odd.. For this can kind of situation it will be wise to raise a SR/TAR with Oracle and get it confirmed, they may provide some workaround.

Good luck...

Regards,
                  S.P DASH
                  • 6. Re: how to enable multicurrency on item catalog in iprocurement
                    user3597110
                    Hi..
                    yes, indeed, we already raise a SR and have unsatisfied answer upon that issue,
                    the solution only with BPA's.
                    what i need is the answer to simple question "what the story behind this limitation?", so i can talk to my customer more elegantly :-) not just saying,"BPAs is the answer" :-)

anyway, thank very much, your respond really help me to gather some confirmation.

regards
                    • 7. Re: how to enable multicurrency on item catalog in iprocurement
                      S.PDASH
                      Hi,
                      Oracle is referring to only BPAs because i-proc works better through BPA or quote :). Iproc always refer the currency of a BPA or quote.

Suppose you create a BPA in USD ($100) but the functional currency is CAD, then when you refer this in i-proc you will see 2 currency during checkout...
                      1) USD --> $ 100 2) CAD --> $125 (with conversion rate)

To be honest, we absolutely don't have any idea about this kind of limitation, hence don't want to misguide you :). i-proc even won't allow you to use any currency other than functional currency during check out for catalog items.

We think knowing the limitation it is better to close this thread.. Choice is yours friend :)

Regards,
                      S.P DASH