We migrated a MS Access application's data structures and data using the Oracle SQL Developer Migration Workbench. This process converted "Memo" fields in Access to "CLOB" fields in Oracle. Now, when we linked the Oracle tables in access over an ODBC connection, we get an error when opening the linked table in Access. Also, when we look at the table design from Access, the field is mapped as "Text (255)" not as "Memo" - of course, we cannot change that to "Memo" from Access as the table design opens in Read-only mode.
There were thoughts about installing the Oracle 10g ODBC driver but the resources on Oracle website are zip files and a few techniques we used to install the driver didn't work for us. Can someone point us in the right direction?
I would strongly recommend to test it before especially when checking out your previous post where you stated you're using Oracle 8.
Have a look at this note available at Metalink: Note 207303.1:Client / Server / Interoperability Support Between
It shows for example Oracle 10.2 was only certified with Oracle 817 and no other Oracle 8 release.
1. I am not sure where I stated I was using Oracle 8. I did ask my question on a thread where that was said but that was not me and that is not my case.
2. I did not find the note you referred me to. I searched by "207303.1" and "Interoperability Support Between Different Oracle Versions" in All Categories.
3. I don't understand why you would classify/relate my issue as above. My issue is about interoperability between MS Access and Oracle - specifically for Memo and CLOB datatype mapping.
Yes, you're right. I just look at the thread "MS Access via ODBC to Oracle CLOB field Types show as Text Type in Access" where you've also posted your comment but I didn'realize the env posted earlier didn't match yours.
So just ignore my last post.