3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2011 10:09 AM by user6383385

How to Close a Cancelled Purchase Order?

Simon Mason
      We have a Purchase Order that has been cancelled but is still showing a closure status of "Open". This is causing problems in that we can not remove the receipted amount from our Accruals Report.

Every attempt I have made to re-open, correct the receipt, close etc has failed.

I was under the impression that when a Purchase Order was cancelled, it automatically updated the closure status to "Closed".

Is there any way to either close this PO or change the qty receipted?

Thanks

Si
        • 1. Re: How to Close a Cancelled Purchase Order?
          Simon,

Please check whether the PO is cancelled from the PO Headers or lines or shipment region & how many lines are there in the PO.
          If the PO shipment is cancelled & there are open lines or shipments, then Oracle does not close the PO Header unless & untill all the pending activities with the other lines have been completed.

As the PO shipment is cancelled, so you can not able to reopen the same & receive the quantities. It is better to complete the receipt & invoicing of the other lines. Then automatically the PO will get closed.

Rgds,
          Jyoti
          • 2. Re: How to Close a Cancelled Purchase Order?
            I sort of have the same issue. I have a po header that is cancelled as well as the line but the closure status remains as open. I want to be able to get the closure status to closed but can't. Any ideas why? The amount of the po and the matched/billed amount is the same. Just can't figure out why the closure status would not go to closed but remains open.
            • 3. Re: How to Close a Cancelled Purchase Order?
              user6383385
              Hi Peter

Just wondering if you ever resolved this as I've encountered the same problem with some of my Purchase Orders.

Kind Regards
              Julian