2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2011 11:59 PM by krroshni RSS

PeopleSoft HRMS Rel 9.1 - Row security

User798943-Oracle
      Hi,
      I partner is implementi PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS Rel 9.1. They are asking ofr information related to Row Security setting.
      They are asking for examples how to:

Given the same user, we need to set-up a different row security depending on:
      - Permission list/Role. For instance, enabling the functionality A with read/write on the employee set 1, functionality B with read only on the employee set 2
      - Contract type, level, employee type. For instance, functionality A with read/write on employee of organization unit 1, with level > 3 and contract type

can you help us?
      Thanks in avance
      Kind regards
      Cristina Bomboi
      Italy Customer Success Leader
        • 1. Re: PeopleSoft HRMS Rel 9.1 - Row security
          Hi Cristina,

Context based security as you describe is very difficult to achieve in vanilla PS. However, I do have something which you could be interested in, its an Application that allows you to apply context based security as you describe without any development. If you are interested, please drop me a line: lewish(at)qsoftware.com.

Thanks,

Lewis Hopkins
          Q Software
          • 2. Re: PeopleSoft HRMS Rel 9.1 - Row security
            krroshni
            This cannot be configured.
            However, it can be achieved by creating multiple security sets/access types and customizing the search views of the components to look at only a give set/access type.
            Definitely not recommended as these will have to be maintained by you and you will have to retest after application of every bundle.