This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: May 4, 2010 6:34 AM by cruz878 RSS

error connection from Primavera to ORACLE DB 10G.

javadavis Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
HI FRIENDS! :)

I have a real problem trying to configure and connecto from Primavera P6 to the ORACLE DB 10G.
I can connnect to the ORACLE DB 10G using SYSTEM and SCOTT users account to the oracle using the PRIMAVERA ASSISTANT CONFIG WINDOWS.

I set up the Oracle connection string: orcle.company.com

and I type user scott/tiger AND PUBLIC GROUP ID: 1 by default

I´ve got this message error:

Bad private user name or password. Check the public group ID. Database Server Error: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

I DON´T KNOW ANYTHING about PUBLIC GROUP ID table or parameter.

Please, try to explainiing me about this parameter which fails at connection DB.

Do I have to set up or create a new PUBLIC GROUP TABLE?

DO i HAVE TO set up a specific parameter for this PUBLIC GROUP TABLE?

How about the PUBLIC GROUP parameter?

this is my tnsnames.ora and the listener is running succesfully in the services screen.

ORCLE.COMPANY.COM =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = BONAMPAK)(PORT = 1521))
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
(SERVICE_NAME = orcl)
)
)

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

DAVE
  • 1. Re: error connection from Primavera to ORACLE DB 10G.
    cruz878 Journeyer
    Currently Being Moderated
    When you created the schema with the automated tool the following 3 default accounts are created:

pubuser
    privuser
    admuser

To configure the alias connection in the PM client you will provide the pubuser information. To administer private database logins you need to specify privuser a the default group id of 1. If you are still having trouble I would try logging into SQL plus with the above accounts.

*Note that if you did not take the defaults when creating the database you may need to substitute the above users.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points