10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2013 11:22 AM by Shehab Sherbini RSS

Set the environment variable ORACLE_UNQNAME to Database unique name !!!!

Hi,

I have installed 11g R2 on OEL 32 bit.

I am getting this

WARNING: Error starting Database Control.Please execute the following command(s).

1) Set the environment variable ORACLE_UNQNAME to Database unique name
      2) /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/bin/emctl start dbconsole

I even set ORACLE_UNQNAME=orcl, but still it is failing ...

Help,

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Set the environment variable ORACLE_UNQNAME to Database unique name !!!!
          Rajesh Lathwal
          WARNING: Error starting Database Control.Please execute the following command(s).

1) Set the environment variable ORACLE_UNQNAME to Database unique name
          2) /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/bin/emctl start dbconsole

I even set ORACLE_UNQNAME=orcl, but still it is failing ...
          please paste the error message..

Also how did you configure the DBconsole..

Regards
          Rajesh
          • 2. Re: Set the environment variable ORACLE_UNQNAME to Database unique name !!!!
            Hi,

This is my /etc/hosts file

127.0.0.1 oracleEBS3.localdomain localhost
            192.168.0.4 oracleEBS3 oracleEBS3

My listener file

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
            (SID_LIST =
            (SID_DESC =
            (GLOBAL_DBNAME = orcl)
            (ORACLE_HOME = /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1)
            (SID_NAME = ORCL)
            )
            )

LISTENER =
            (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
            (DESCRIPTION =
            (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1521))
            )
            (DESCRIPTION =
            (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = oracleEBS3)(PORT = 1521))
            )
            )

ADR_BASE_LISTENER = /u01/app/oracle

My .bash_profile file:

if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
            . ~/.bashrc
            fi

# User specific environment and startup programs

TMP=/tmp; export TMP
            TMPDIR=$TMP; export TMPDIR

ORACLE_HOSTNAME=oracleEBS3; export ORACLE_HOSTNAME
            ORACLE_BASE=/u01/app/oracle; export ORACLE_BASE
            ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_BASE/product/11.2.0/db_1; export ORACLE_HOME
            ORACLE_SID=orcl; export ORACLE_SID
            ORACLE_UNQNAME=orcl; export ORACLE_UNQNAME
            ORACLE_TERM=xterm; export ORACLE_TERM
            PATH=/usr/sbin:$PATH; export PATH
            PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH; export PATH

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:/lib:/usr/lib; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
            CLASSPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/JRE:$ORACLE_HOME/jlib:$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/jlib; export CLASSPATH

if [ $USER = "oracle" ]; then
            if [ $SHELL = "/bin/ksh" ]; then
            ulimit -p 16384
            ulimit -n 65536
            else
            ulimit -u 16384 -n 65536
            fi
            fi
            PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin

export PATH

By the way, which logfile ??? emoms.trc

Thanks in advanced ..
            • 3. Re: Set the environment variable ORACLE_UNQNAME to Database unique name !!!!
              THis is the in the logfile

2010-05-07 16:13:23,321 [EMUI_16_13_23_/console/database/instance/sitemap] ERROR perf.sitemap initializeGeneral.580 - Failed to initialize object: ORA-20206:
              ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.EMD_DATABASE", line 1297
              ORA-01403: no data found
              ORA-06512: at line 1

2010-05-07 16:13:23,502 [EMUI_16_13_23_/console/database/instance/sitemap] ERROR perf.sitemap initializeFromAgent.1047 - java.lang.NullPointerException
              java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
              2010-05-07 16:15:33,626 [OC4J Launcher] ERROR app.ContextInitializer contextInitialized.420 - Integration Class not found: oracle.sysman.pp.paf.sample.ui.intg.PAFDemoIntegration
              2010-05-07 16:15:35,873 [OC4J Launcher] ERROR app.ContextInitializer contextInitialized.420 - Integration Class not found: oracle.sysman.eml.target.slb.common.SLBIntegration
              2010-05-07 16:15:38,639 [OC4J Launcher] ERROR app.ContextInitializer contextInitialized.420 - Integration Class not found: oracle.sysman.pp.asprov.ui.intg.ASProvisioningIntegration
              2010-05-07 16:15:46,107 [OC4J Launcher] ERROR app.ContextInitializer contextInitialized.420 - Integration Class not found: oracle.sysman.pp.sidb.ui.intg.SIDBProvisioningIntegration

Thanks.
              • 4. Re: Set the environment variable ORACLE_UNQNAME to Database unique name !!!!
                Rajesh Lathwal
                please follow:

http://www.stefanocislaghi.eu/2009/12/28/unable-to-run-dbconsole-oc4j-configuration-issue/

Regards
                Rajesh
                • 5. Re: Set the environment variable ORACLE_UNQNAME to Database unique name !!!!
                  THanks for the reply,

I have even dropped and recreated the dbconsole.. It dropped sucessfully, and recreated with the warning in the subject.

Set the environment variable ORACLE_UNQNAME to Database unique name.

When i set ORACLE_UNQNAME again, and tried to start dbconsole from the following command, it failed to start.

emctl start dbconsole.

Kindly help,

Thanks
                  • 6. Re: Set the environment variable ORACLE_UNQNAME to Database unique name !!!!
                    Hi,

These are the contents of emoms.log

2010-05-07 16:13:53,172 [EMUI_16_13_53_/console/database/instance/sitemap] ERROR perf.sitemap initializeGeneral.580 - Failed to initialize object: ORA-20206:
                    ORA-06512: at "SYSMAN.EMD_DATABASE", line 1297
                    ORA-01403: no data found

at com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forwardInternal(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:370)
                    at com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.doProcessRequest(HttpRequestHandler.java:871)
                    at com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.processRequest(HttpRequestHandler.java:453)
                    at com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.serveOneRequest(HttpRequestHandler.java:221)
                    at com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.run(HttpRequestHandler.java:122)
                    at com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.run(HttpRequestHandler.java:111)
                    at oracle.oc4j.network.ServerSocketReadHandler$SafeRunnable.run(ServerSocketReadHandler.java:260)
                    at com.evermind.util.ReleasableResourcePooledExecutor$MyWorker.run(ReleasableResourcePooledExecutor.java:303)
                    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
                    2010-05-07 16:15:33,626 [OC4J Launcher] ERROR app.ContextInitializer contextInitialized.420 - Integration Class not found: oracle.sysman.pp.paf.sample.ui.intg.PAFDemoIntegration
                    2010-05-07 16:15:35,873 [OC4J Launcher] ERROR app.ContextInitializer contextInitialized.420 - Integration Class not found: oracle.sysman.eml.target.slb.common.SLBIntegration

Thanks.
                    • 7. Re: Set the environment variable ORACLE_UNQNAME to Database unique name !!!!
                      Hi,

Drop the repository successfully, trying to recreate it. Let see ...

Thanks.
                      • 8. Re: Set the environment variable ORACLE_UNQNAME to Database unique name !!!!
                        Athurumithuru
                        Dear All,

I found a solution for this. I had the same scenarios which are listed in this post. Simply follow the steps given bellow:

1. Check your timezone in OS (Eg. Asia/Colombo)

2. Check agents timezone using "emctl config agent getTZ" (Eg:. Asia/Calcutta)

remember these timezones must be tally and values should be compatible with "/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/sysman/admin/supportedtzs.lst";.

Here in my example I have changed the timezone of OS as 'Kolkata' and unticked the “System Clock uses UTC” option.

3. Reset the timezone using 'emctl resetTZ agent' and follow the instruction to run the script required, as sysman user

4. Update timezone using 'emctl config agent updateTZ'

5. Check the updated TZ using 'emctl config agent getTZ'

6. emctl reload agent

7. emctl status agent (Agent should be up and running)

8. emctl stop dbconsole

9. emctl start dbconsole

Cheers,

Athurumithuru.

Edited by: Athurumithuru on Apr 19, 2012 4:18 PM
                        • 9. Re: Set the environment variable ORACLE_UNQNAME to Database unique name !!!!
                          In my experience the oracle_unqname error is trigger by the Oracle database installation process.

The Time Zone in the installation computer should be set to a 'Oracle valid' time zone like London, UK.

It seem like there is a time zone match up between the Installation computer and the Oracle database. When the computer time zone is set to an 'unkown' time zone it messes up the installation.

Do a clean installation with the computer time zone set to a prominent time zone. This works on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008.
                          • 10. Re: Set the environment variable ORACLE_UNQNAME to Database unique name !!!!
                            Shehab Sherbini

Having installed Oracle so many times, basically until I got it all working, and having experienced this problem, here are the two tips that really helped:

1. If you have multiple IP addresses, ensure the static address adapter is the primary, or add a Microsoft Loopback adapter with a 10.10.10.10 address per the Oracle pre-installation instructions.Oracle Pre-installation Reqs
                            2. Add ORACLE_HOSTNAME and a value of [computer name] to your environment variables. This was the final step that finally fixed my em install. Note you need to check that you can resolve your machine to that address by both the qualified and unqualified machine name. You may need to tweak HOSTS to do this. Installing on Computers with Multiple IP Addresses

If these two things are correct, your listener.ora and tnsnames.ora will correctly match the separate em configuration, and you should avoid the requirement to set ORACLE_UNQNAME.

Best Wishes!