13 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2010 5:53 PM by Bhaskar Balla

Extending  Standard VO causing error in Jdeveloper. Urgent need help

Bhaskar Balla
      Hello All,

Could any one of you please help me in resoving the following issue which is urgent. I have a requirement to add a new column (Attribute1) in sales foundation responsbility.
      I debugeed the pages and found that the pages calls the "OpptySearchVO" which is based on "OpportunityEO". The view object doesn't contains the attribute1 where as Entity Object contains the column. In Attribute1 the party_is will be stored. I need to display the party name in the new column.

I downloaded the "OpptySearchVO.xml" and "OpportunityEO.xml" into Jdeveloper and tring to extend the view object. When I am trying it is giving the following error "Copy Operation Failed, Some edits may not be cancellable. Expected name instead of <. Exception oracle.xml.parser.v2.XmlParserException."

With this I couldn't able to extend the view object. Could any one please help me in resolving this issue.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank You,
      Bhaskar B.
        • 1. Re: Extending  Standard VO causing error in Jdeveloper. Urgent need help
          Reetesh Sharma
          Hi,

I think when you created the business component structure you created at that time server.xml couldn't get generated, pls check this.

If server.xml ismissing then simply delete your business components and recreate again from JDeveloper, hope this will help.

Regards,
          Reetesh Sharma
          • 2. Re: Extending  Standard VO causing error in Jdeveloper. Urgent need help
            Bhaskar Balla
            Hi Reetesh,

Thanks for your reply. server.xml file is getting generated and I checked many times. Not sure what could be the issue.
            Please let me know if you need more information.
            • 3. Re: Extending  Standard VO causing error in Jdeveloper. Urgent need help
              Reetesh Sharma
              Hi,

Have you copied all the required files to your client machine like related AM and all other VO attached to this AM???

Regards,
              Reetesh Sharma
              • 4. Re: Extending  Standard VO causing error in Jdeveloper. Urgent need help
                Bhaskar Balla
                Hi Reetesh,

Since this is standard VO do you mean we need to copy entire structure related to it as it contain many related VO,class and AM files?

Please let me know if we need to copy entire structure.
                • 5. Re: Extending  Standard VO causing error in Jdeveloper. Urgent need help
                  Reetesh Sharma
                  Hi,

Yes, copy all the related staructure.

Regards,
                  Reetesh Sharma
                  • 6. Re: Extending  Standard VO causing error in Jdeveloper. Urgent need help
                    Bhaskar Balla
                    Hello Sharma,

Thanks for your reply. I copied the structure but getting the following error while extending the VO in Jdeveloper. I closed and opened the Jdeveloper many times but coud not resolve the issue. Not sure what could be reason. Please help me on this.

java.lang.NullPointerException

java.lang.Object oracle.jbo.dt.ui.view.VOAttributePanel.getFieldType()

VOAttributePanel.java:687

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.view.VOAttributePanel.actionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent)

VOAttributePanel.java:851

void javax.swing.JComboBox.fireActionEvent()

JComboBox.java:870

void javax.swing.JComboBox.selectedItemChanged()

JComboBox.java:894

void javax.swing.JComboBox.contentsChanged(javax.swing.event.ListDataEvent)

JComboBox.java:950

void javax.swing.AbstractListModel.fireContentsChanged(java.lang.Object, int, int)

AbstractListModel.java:79

void javax.swing.DefaultComboBoxModel.setSelectedItem(java.lang.Object)

DefaultComboBoxModel.java:86

void javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedItem(java.lang.Object)

JComboBox.java:415

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.view.VOAttributePanel.setFieldType(java.lang.Object)

VOAttributePanel.java:754

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.view.VOAttributePanel.updateControls(oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboAttribute)

VOAttributePanel.java:393

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.view.VOAttributePanel.setAttribute(oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboAttribute)

VOAttributePanel.java:642

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.view.VOAttributeTabPanel.updateControls(oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboAttribute)

VOAttributeTabPanel.java:33

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.entity.EOAttributeTabPanel.setAttribute(oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboAttribute)

EOAttributeTabPanel.java:143

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.view.VOEditAttributeTabPanel.attrValueChanged()

VOEditAttributeTabPanel.java:301

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.view.VOEditAttributeTabPanel.enter(oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboNamedObject)

VOEditAttributeTabPanel.java:107

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.dlg.DtuWizard.selectPage(oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.dlg.DtuWizardPanel)

DtuWizard.java:620

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.dlg.DtuWizard.selectPage(oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.dlg.DtuWizardPanel, oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.dlg.DtuMddNavigable)

DtuWizard.java:595

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.view.VOWizard.selectPage(oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.dlg.DtuWizardPanel, oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.dlg.DtuMddNavigable)

VOWizard.java:243

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.dlg.DtuWizard.newMddPageSelected(oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.dlg.DtuWizardPanel, oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.dlg.DtuMddNavigable)

DtuWizard.java:633

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.dlg.DtjMddTraversable.onEntry(oracle.ide.panels.TraversableContext)

DtuMddNavigable.java:255

void oracle.ide.panels.MDDPanel.enterTraversableImpl(oracle.ide.panels.Traversable, oracle.ide.panels.TraversableContext)

MDDPanel.java:649

void oracle.ide.panels.MDDPanel.enterTraversable(oracle.ide.panels.Traversable)

MDDPanel.java:630

void oracle.ide.panels.MDDPanel.access$7000571(oracle.ide.panels.MDDPanel, oracle.ide.panels.Traversable)

MDDPanel.java:86

void oracle.ide.panels.MDDPanel$Tsl.updateSelectedNavigable(javax.swing.JTree, javax.swing.tree.TreePath)

MDDPanel.java:933

void oracle.ide.panels.MDDPanel$Tsl.actionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent)

MDDPanel.java:803

void javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent)

Timer.java:150

void javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run()

Timer.java:108

void java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch()

InvocationEvent.java:154

void java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(java.awt.AWTEvent)

EventQueue.java:337

boolean java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(java.awt.Component)

EventDispatchThread.java:131

void java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(java.awt.Conditional, java.awt.Component)

EventDispatchThread.java:98

void java.awt.Dialog.show()

Dialog.java:380

void java.awt.Component.show(boolean)

Component.java:946

void java.awt.Component.setVisible(boolean)

Component.java:903

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.dlg.DtjDialog.setVisible(boolean)

DtjDialog.java:137

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.dlg.DtjMddWizardDialog.setVisible(boolean)

DtuWizard.java:1922

boolean oracle.bali.ewt.dialog.JEWTDialog.runDialog()

boolean oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.dlg.DtjDialog.showDialog()

DtjDialog.java:115

boolean oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.dlg.DtjMddWizardDialog.showDialog()

DtuWizard.java:1881

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.dlg.DtuWizard.createMddWizard()

DtuWizard.java:422

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.dlg.DtuWizard.setVisible(boolean)

DtuWizard.java:276

boolean oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.dlg.DtuWizard.showDialog()

DtuWizard.java:254

oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboView oracle.jbo.dt.jdevx.ui.JdxMenuManager.invokeVOWizard(java.awt.Frame, oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboPackage, oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboView)

JdxMenuManager.java:616

oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboView oracle.jbo.dt.jdevx.ui.JdxMenuManager.invokeViewWizard(oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboPackage, oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboView)

JdxMenuManager.java:608

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.DtuMenuManager.doEditMenuAction(oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboNamedObject)

DtuMenuManager.java:1104

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.DtuMenuManager.doMenuAction(java.lang.String)

DtuMenuManager.java:1006

void oracle.jbo.dt.jdevx.ui.JdxMenuManager.doMenuAction(java.lang.String)

JdxMenuManager.java:533

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.DtuMenuManager.doAction(java.lang.String)

DtuMenuManager.java:838

void oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.DtuMenuManager.doAction(oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboApplication, java.lang.Object, java.lang.String)

DtuMenuManager.java:823

void oracle.jbo.dt.jdevx.ui.JdxMenuManager.doActionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent)

JdxMenuManager.java:391

void oracle.jbo.dt.jdevx.ui.JdxMenuInvoker.run()

JdxMenuManager.java:1076

void java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch()

InvocationEvent.java:154

void java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(java.awt.AWTEvent)

EventQueue.java:337

boolean java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(java.awt.Component)

EventDispatchThread.java:131

void java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(java.awt.Conditional, java.awt.Component)

EventDispatchThread.java:98

void java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(java.awt.Conditional)

EventDispatchThread.java:93

void java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run()

EventDispatchThread.java:85
                    • 7. Re: Extending  Standard VO causing error in Jdeveloper. Urgent need help
                      Hi All,

I have a smilar issue when extending a std VO CorrectItemsTxnVO in Iprocurement in 12.1.2.

the new VO : XxdmvCorrectTxnExVO has same sql as std VO CorrectitemsTxnVO except for two additional columns frm_serial , to_serial.
                      the project ran succesfully. the sunstitution redlects in the xml , JPX import ran successfully and reflects at the backend but when checked for the front end to reflect the added two columns, the exception shows up:

please need help with this error:

Exception Details.

## Detail 0 ##JBO-30003: The application pool (dmvdevdb2.dmv.ca.govAFSRDD21521oracle.apps.icx.por.rcv.server.CorrectItemsAM) failed
                      to checkout an application module due to the following exception:

oracle.jbo.JboException: JBO-29000: Unexpected exception caught:
                      oracle.jbo.JboException, msg=JBO-29000: Unexpected exception caught:
                      oracle.jbo.NoDefException, msg=JBO-25002:

Definition xxdmv.oracle.apps.icx.por.rcv.server.XxdmvCorrectTxnExVO of type View Definition not found
                      at oracle.jbo.common.ampool.ApplicationPoolImpl.doCheckout(ApplicationPoolImpl.java:2002)
                      • 8. Re: Extending  Standard VO causing error in Jdeveloper. Urgent need help
                        Reetesh Sharma
                        Hi,

It seems while adding the item on the page u mentioned the name of extended VO while it should be seeded VO.

Substitution part will be taken care by OAF itself we need not to do anything in this regard.

Regards,
                        Reetesh Sharma
                        • 9. Re: Extending  Standard VO causing error in Jdeveloper. Urgent need help
                          Reetesh Sharma
                          Hi Bhaskar,

At which step you got this error??

Regards,
                          Reetesh Sharma
                          • 10. Re: Extending  Standard VO causing error in Jdeveloper. Urgent need help
                            Bhaskar Balla
                            HI Reteesh,

Thanks for your help and I could download the structure in Jdeveloper and able to create the Extendedview. I have created the custom VO by extending the standard VO (OpptySearchVO). I kept all the columns from standard VO and created one custom column called Attribute1(Actually Attribute1 is present in standard EO but not in standard VO). Created Substitution and imported that.

Now when I run in the application it is giving the error as "Variable not in Select list".

Could you please help me in resolving this error.

Thank You,
                            Bhaskar B.
                            • 11. Re: Extending  Standard VO causing error in Jdeveloper. Urgent need help
                              Bhaskar Balla
                              Hi Reteesh,

COuld you help me on below issue. I created the Extended VO based on standard VO having same number of columns. In Application standard page, I went to personalize reason and created one attribute of type Message styled text and called one of the column from extended custom VO. The table displays the column with the value but above that there is Personalize ( like Personalize view) button and when I click it is giving below error.

oracle.apps.fnd.framework.OAException: oracle.adf.mds.MetadataDefException: Unable to find component with absolute reference = /oracle/apps/asn/opportunity/webui/OpptyUwqPG.ASNOpptySrchStack.Custom_OpptNum, XML Path = null. Please verify that the reference is valid and the definition of the component exists either on the File System or in the MDS Repository.
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.OAException.wrapperException(OAException.java:891)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OACustomizationCOHelper.isExcludedStyleForTable(OACustomizationCOHelper.java:4054)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.customjrad.webui.CustomJRADTableViewsUpdateColShownCO.processRequest(CustomJRADTableViewsUpdateColShownCO.java:323)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAWebBeanHelper.processRequest(OAWebBeanHelper.java:587)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAWebBeanContainerHelper.processRequest(OAWebBeanContainerHelper.java:247)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.beans.layout.OAHeaderBean.processRequest(OAHeaderBean.java:389)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAWebBeanHelper.processRequestChildren(OAWebBeanHelper.java:959)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAWebBeanHelper.processRequestChildren(OAWebBeanHelper.java:926)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAWebBeanHelper.processRequest(OAWebBeanHelper.java:646)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAWebBeanContainerHelper.processRequest(OAWebBeanContainerHelper.java:247)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.beans.layout.OAStackLayoutBean.processRequest(OAStackLayoutBean.java:350)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAWebBeanHelper.processRequestChildren(OAWebBeanHelper.java:959)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAWebBeanHelper.processRequestChildren(OAWebBeanHelper.java:926)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAWebBeanHelper.processRequest(OAWebBeanHelper.java:646)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.beans.layout.OAHeaderBean.processRequest(OAHeaderBean.java:389)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.beans.layout.OAStackLayoutBean.processRequest(OAStackLayoutBean.java:350)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAPageLayoutHelper.processRequest(OAPageLayoutHelper.java:1136)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.beans.layout.OAPageLayoutBean.processRequest(OAPageLayoutBean.java:1569)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.beans.form.OAFormBean.processRequest(OAFormBean.java:385)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.beans.OABodyBean.processRequest(OABodyBean.java:353)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAPageBean.processRequest(OAPageBean.java:2336)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAPageBean.preparePage(OAPageBean.java:1735)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAPageBean.preparePage(OAPageBean.java:509)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAPageBean.preparePage(OAPageBean.java:430)
                                   at oa_html._OA._jspService(_OA.java:84)
                                   at oracle.jsp.runtime.HttpJsp.service(HttpJsp.java:119)
                                   at oracle.jsp.app.JspApplication.dispatchRequest(JspApplication.java:417)
                                   at oracle.jsp.JspServlet.doDispatch(JspServlet.java:267)
                                   at oracle.jsp.JspServlet.internalService(JspServlet.java:186)
                                   at oracle.jsp.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:156)
                                   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
                                   at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:456)
                                   at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:294)
                                   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
                              ## Detail 0 ##

Exception:
                              oracle.adf.mds.MetadataDefException: Unable to find component with absolute reference = /oracle/apps/asn/opportunity/webui/OpptyUwqPG.ASNOpptySrchStack.Custom_OpptNum, XML Path = null. Please verify that the reference is valid and the definition of the component exists either on the File System or in the MDS Repository.
                                   at oracle.adf.mds.internal.MetadataManagerBase.findRelativeWithException(MetadataManagerBase.java:1396)
                                   at oracle.adf.mds.internal.MElementImpl.findRelative(MElementImpl.java:157)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OACustomizationCOHelper.isExcludedStyleForTable(OACustomizationCOHelper.java:4050)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.customjrad.webui.CustomJRADTableViewsUpdateColShownCO.processRequest(CustomJRADTableViewsUpdateColShownCO.java:323)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAWebBeanHelper.processRequest(OAWebBeanHelper.java:587)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAPageLayoutHelper.processRequest(OAPageLayoutHelper.java:1136)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.beans.layout.OAPageLayoutBean.processRequest(OAPageLayoutBean.java:1569)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.beans.form.OAFormBean.processRequest(OAFormBean.java:385)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.beans.OABodyBean.processRequest(OABodyBean.java:353)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OAPageBean.processRequest(OAPageBean.java:2336)

Exception:
                              oracle.adf.mds.MetadataDefException: Unable to find component with absolute reference = /oracle/apps/asn/opportunity/webui/OpptyUwqPG.ASNOpptySrchStack.Custom_OpptNum, XML Path = null. Please verify that the reference is valid and the definition of the component exists either on the File System or in the MDS Repository.
                                   at oracle.adf.mds.internal.MetadataManagerBase.findRelativeWithException(MetadataManagerBase.java:1396)
                                   at oracle.adf.mds.internal.MElementImpl.findRelative(MElementImpl.java:157)
                                   at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.webui.OACustomizationCOHelper.isExcludedStyleForTable(OACustomizationCOHelper.java:4050)

Please help me on this as it is urgent.

Thank You,
                              Bhaskar B.
                              • 12. Re: Extending  Standard VO causing error in Jdeveloper. Urgent need help
                                Reetesh Sharma
                                Hi,

Is it a search page based on query bean?? and the personalize button allows you to save your search??

Regards,
                                Reetesh Sharma
                                • 13. Re: Extending  Standard VO causing error in Jdeveloper. Urgent need help
                                  Bhaskar Balla
                                  Hi Reteesh,

I tried in different ways to resovle this issue but couldn't. When I try to add any new variable to extended view object and ported, it is displaying "Variable not is Select list". Not sure what could be reason for this. I checked even the rowimpl for reflecting the new attributes.

Please let me know if you come across these type of issue.

Thank You,
                                  Bhaskar B.